Drinking

Options
Tonight im having girls night which i don't get every often and i really want to enjoy myself but don't want to drink high calorie drinks . i normally drink beer, jack, and scotch i don't like any thing sugary or fruity so i don't have to worry about that but i was wondering if anyone knows of a good drink or beer thats low in calories and still taste good??

Replies

• danarochelle
    danarochelle Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I really like Amstel Light, Michelob Ultra or Ultra Amber. Miller Lite is low in calories also and tastes pretty good. I can't drink regular beers, they're tasty but too heavy for my belly.

Hope this helps! Have a good time!:drinker:
  • emkay617
    Options
    bud light lime!!! or jack & diet coke... HAVE FUN!
  • danielley08
    Options
    Bacardi Superior Rum (1 oz) and Diet Coke...only 65 cals!
  • allisontaylor
    Options
    If you're staying in, then I LOVE LOVE LOVE Three Olive's brand cherry vodka mixed with diet sprite. The vodka is about 100 calories for a serving. For beer, my favorite is Beck's Premium Ultra Light - it's only 64 calories and very yummy (especially with a slice of lime). Personally, if I wanna catch a little buzz, but want to keep the calories low, I'll have a shot and a light beer. Also, check out www.hungrygirl.com - she's got lots of ideas for both having a drink at home or out. Good luck!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Well, scotch and soda is always a good combination. Soda is just carbonated water, no calories to speak of, so you're talking about what? 80 or 90 Calories per drink. Not bad for a hard drink.
  • Ripgirl
    Ripgirl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I like Kettle One or Grey Goose vodka with soda and a squeeze of fresh lime.

Have a great night!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Bud Select is only 99 calories
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    I must say that NO flavorful, good beer is low in calories! :wink: But I am all about the bitters!

Do you like wine? I think a nice glass of red wine is OK. I am not sure about the calories but there are supposed to be some other benefits. I had to make the switch from white to red, and BOY was that hard!! I have always hated red wine, but I actually found one I enjoy---- Chianti. It does not have as harsh of a taste as others I have had, and another benefit is how cheap it is!

Whatever you decide, I think anything in moderation is alright.
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    On days I know I am going to have a glass of wine or two(I just can't drink much)I save up extra calories for it. Like I burn 100 extra or eat a little less just to trim off enough calories to make up for 2 glasses of wine. You could try that as well;) Denise
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    WOW thank you for all the Great idea's Im going to work out a little longer today so i can have at least one good drink and then see what light beers the bar carries when i get there! i know the bar tender and she'll make a special drink for me if i ask so i'll have to see if she has diet coke there so i can have jack and coke or scotch with soda! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and thank you again for the great idea's :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Have an ice water in between drinks to keep you hydrated. :smile: Have fun.