Trying to get on track...

Options
Terryism
Terryism Posts: 314 Member
Hey everyone! I'm trying to get back to being good, I used mfp before, but unfortunately slacked off. I was just wondering if there are any others in the same boat as me, I need some diet friends!

I'm a 34 year old stay at home mom with a 9 month old boy, I'm still lactating (sorry if that's tmi, but I know it's relevant to calorie intake). I'm 5' 7" and weigh 188. When I got pregnant I was 175, gained 10 pounds before I gave birth 3 months prematurely (baby is great though). I lost the 10# before even leaving the hospital, but put it back on plus some. It was hard to eat right while spending 12-14 hour days in the NICU with my son! Even now I'm having a bit of trouble because I feel so rushed to eat that even if I eat something healthy, I eat too much. Also, I just started invisalign treatment so I have to take my aligners out to eat or drink anything but water. The good thing about that is I drink more water because I don't like to take them out! My husband and I are both overweight, though we've both been successful in the past. He had gotten up to 350 and decided on lapband surgery, lost 155#, but has put on 45 since I got pregnant. I was 216# and lost 41# before becoming pregnant. Somehow the motivation we had before has disappeared....

Any other fairly new mothers want to be my friend? :-)

Replies

• AHealthyMe1lbAtATime
    AHealthyMe1lbAtATime Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Not a new mommy, but feel free to add me:) I have a 5 yr old and a 19 month old though, so I definitely know how hard it is to loose after having babies!
  • nananana2011
    Options
    Hello! My name is Natalia, Im 31 years old, stay home mom with two beautiful kids. Im trying to get in track but it seems very hard. Maybe because I have no friend (Im not from here), lately, I started to fill those gaps with food. Hope we can help each other to feel better. My e-mail is blatternata@live.com
    With support, we can achieve the goal!
  • abigailmariecs
    abigailmariecs Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I am just coming off of a short slack off. I am a stay at home mom of two my daughter is 22mo and my son is 9 mo. Between running after them and my significant other who is currently running his own business (construction trade) I find it easier to eat junk. Honey works long hours and when he gets home all he wants to do is eat. Supper must be a big meal or he is not happy. He burns mega calories daily so his weight is not a big issue nor is the evening meal. Unfortunatly, I end up eating whatever I make for him, not such a good idea, I also tend to eat the same portion size, really bad idea. Now I am trying to weigh/measure everything in order to get on track.

Feel free to add me.
  • Terryism
    Options
    Thank you ladies!
  • mcwhit
    mcwhit Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I totally understand what you're going through. My son is almost 16 months, but it seems like just yesterday we were leaving the hospital. I'll send you a friend request. (My last day of my full-time job is tomorrow. Then I'll be a freelancing-stay-at-home mom :))
  • Terryism
    Options
    Thanks for all the friend requests, love to see everyone's progress, it really does help!