Halloween costumes............

Options
My daughter is being a schoolgirl witch...It was the only costume we could find in her size that wasn't X-rated. Whats up with that? Why are little girls costumes so revealing? I felt icky while we were shopping! I'm not sure what I'm going to be yet. I'm usually a black widow, but I'm getting bored with that. Maybe I'll be a fairy or something.

What are you dressing up as? How about your kids?

Replies

• IDefineMe
    Options
    I'm not dressing up, but my 6 month-old daughter is going to to be a flower (think Anne Geddes). This is my first Halloween as a mom and my daughter's first ever (obviously), and I am SO excited (probably more so than her). LOL!

I also don't understand why little girls' costumes are so provocative. It's quited disturbing.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    :bigsmile: Awwwwwwww! How fun! Your first Halloween as a mom! What a cute costume too! You are going to have a blast! Enjoy!
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be a Super Girl and my daughter is going to be a flower fairy. She's 2/ 1/2. She had her first Halloween Party at Day Care yesturday and it was soo cute and I was a lot more excited about it then she was. I went camera happy and could'nt stop taking pictures.
  • metsgirl31
    Options
    I totally hear you on those Halloween costumes! Have you ever seen the movies "mean girls"? There's a line it that says (about) "Halloween is the one time girls can wear no clothes and get away with it" - and its totally true! Last year I saw one girl dressed only in a bra and underwear- made entirely out of caution tape. Very classy:grumble: .

But, I am going to be Hermione Granger (from Harry Potter) and I'm super excited!:bigsmile:
  • Rugbychick16
    Rugbychick16 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Last year I was The Burger King, with creepy mask and all. I actually went to burger king that day (which I actually don't even like very much, but i HAD to) and the girls behind the counter were like "The king is here!!!" It was good times. :happy:
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I totally hear you on those Halloween costumes! Have you ever seen the movies "mean girls"? There's a line it that says (about) "Halloween is the one time girls can wear no clothes and get away with it" - and its totally true! Last year I saw one girl dressed only in a bra and underwear- made entirely out of caution tape. Very classy:grumble: .

But, I am going to be Hermione Granger (from Harry Potter) and I'm super excited!:bigsmile:

OMG!!!! I bet she makes Mama proud! LMAO! I hope she was at least in High school, not that that makes it ok, but better I guess.....
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    @ Tanya- I know what you mean! I'm charging up my camera now so I can totally go crazy this afternoon at the class Halloween party!

@ Rugby- That is awesome! Love it!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    My kids are going to be Tinkerbell & Peter Pan! :smile: I made their costumes.

I, of course, am Mickey Mouse this year. :bigsmile:
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options

I have to admit, when I read this I thought it said hemorrhoid ranger and I was like :noway: WTF is that??? Then I read it again... :laugh: :laugh: I was at my desk cracking up :laugh: :laugh:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I am going to be a vampire, but I got a really cool vampire queen dress, so i'm very excited. My boyfriend is going to be a murderous butcher. No kids....but I would dress up my cat if he would let me, but that's not going to happen.
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    I'm going as Osama Bin Laden. My wife is going as a Special Forces Soldier. We are going to my cousin's party which will be full of their liberal church friends and some other socially-uptight brethen....*kitten* is gonna be biblical!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options

I have to admit, when I read this I thought it said hemorrhoid ranger and I was like :noway: WTF is that??? Then I read it again... :laugh: :laugh: I was at my desk cracking up :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Yup, laughed out loud to that, thanks.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be Alice in Wonderland (hey! don't judge me! this is my first real "slutty" costume ever!), my husband will be Jason and my dog Lexi is dressing up as a PIG! HAHAHA. She's a 50lb boxer mix and she's freaking hilarious! I should post pictures when I get home...
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I'm going to be Alice in Wonderland (hey! don't judge me! this is my first real "slutty" costume ever!), my husband will be Jason and my dog Lexi is dressing up as a PIG! HAHAHA. She's a 50lb boxer mix and she's freaking hilarious! I should post pictures when I get home...

PLZ post pics! I love to see animals in costumes! Someone sent me an email of all dogs dressed up, I wish I hadn't deleted it!!!!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,741 Member
    Options

OK, that made ME crack up. I just wish I hadn't had a mouthful of coffee when it happened. :tongue:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be Marie Curie...cause I'm a nerd. :tongue: I have a modest black dress, which unfortunately does show my ankles (hers wouldn't have) but I'm wearing black tights and heels. Then a lab coat, and my scholarship medallion ('Nobel Prize' although she won 2!), and I'm going to carry around a beaker full of flourescent green water (water + green highlighter). I found some awesome makeup ideas to turn myself a sort of pretty green. Hopefully people actually get it!
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options

OK, that made ME crack up. I just wish I hadn't had a mouthful of coffee when it happened. :tongue:

:laugh: I'm sorry :flowerforyou:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,741 Member
    Options

:laugh: I'm sorry :flowerforyou:
    Don't be. A good laugh is always welcome, even if it's a bit messy. :laugh:
  • IDefineMe
    Options

OMG!!!! I bet she makes Mama proud! LMAO! I hope she was at least in High school, not that that makes it ok, but better I guess.....

Funny you should mention high school because I teach at one, and we had a girl (about 15 or 16) come in as a french maid this morning, fishnets and all. I almost died. :noway: And I am not prudish at all if that tells you anything. I wonder if her parents even knew she left the house like that.
  • IDefineMe
    Options

Can't judge you . . . you are actually an adult so you can wear things like that. Have fun!!!