My Weight Loss Journey

Options
mgrubbe85
mgrubbe85 Posts: 41 Member
Hello everyone my name is Michele and I have been on this journey my whole life to lose weight. It wasn't until april 22 2012 that it really hit home that i am in desperate need to lose the weight. So I starting a Weight Loss Journey My first weight in was 327 lbs I could not believe my eyes sooo i took a long look in the mirror and stepped on the scale again and yep 327 two days later i decided to go ahead and video tape it and post it online for people to view to keep me motivated. So far It has been working My last weight in was on june 10 2012 and i was 291 lbs. it has only been 7 weeks and i am down over 30 lbs. I am so happy. All I have done to lose this weight is cut down on my calories. I take in 1200 to 1500 calories every day i drink nothing but water or diet green tea (calorie free) no soda coffee milk nothing. and i make sure I walk every single day for at least an hour a day. I feel much better but i still have another 91 lbs to get to my main goal. then once i get there i will probably attempt to get to 170. I have been documenting my weight loss every week and making videos to share with everyone. So If you would like to follow my weight loss and diet send me a friends request. :)

Replies

• wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far! You sound very motivated and I have no doubt you will succeed!

I also have 200 as a first goal, and 170 as an eventual goal. I'm 5'9".
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing job, add me if you like.
  • lpeace2u
    lpeace2u Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Great job on your weight loss!!!!! If you would like another friend, feel free to add me.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Good work so far. Its all about dedication. When you have it your good to go.
  • mitchipooo
    mitchipooo Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    That's a terrific start, way to go. I'm in the same boat with 100 or so to lose. I recently had my epiphany moment, facing my 20 year reunion at the end of the summer and I thought OMG, I don't want to look like this anymore. My caloric intake is similar to yours 1200 - 1500, I find I'm actually having a hard time eating enough, used to be a perpetual snacker...all day every day...but I just don't have the appetite right now.

I'm doing yoga once a week, have joined a gym and for the next three months have a schedule with a personal trainer, it was a big hit to the pocketbook but I'm looking at it as an investment in my health and wellbeing. I'm also trying to get in a walk a couple times a week too...my trainer is great, he's encouraging me to get out of the gym, that walking is what is going to help get the weight off. I haven't been this active since I was about 14.

Add me if you like, I'm usually on MFP a couple times throughout the day.
  • TennisQtpye
    TennisQtpye Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Wow! This so amazing! Great Job! Great dedication!!!