New member!

Options
Hello, I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Adrienne and I'm 24 years old. I decided to give this a try after spending a couple months doing WW. I failed at that, not because I didn't try, but because it was sooo time consuming and frankly it got boring. I hated having to sit down and calculate how many points before I could eat it. I'm doing this alone, I don't have anyone to really push me. So its going to be a challenge. But I have some goals set and I really would LOVE to meet them. I want to do this for myself. I'm tired of always looking in the mirror and thinking to myself "I wish I was smaller." I need to just do something about it. My first goal is to lose 25lbs. Wish me luck!! :)

Replies

• arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    My Aunt gave up on WW a while back. They changed alot of it and made it horribly difficult get anything done. Counting calories does work long as you can stay on course. There is a danger of going over because there is no real restrictions. Which is a good thing because its a lifestyle change instead of hearing NO NO NO NO NO and giving up.
  • MizzTamTom
    Options
    Good luck girl! I believe you can do whatever you put your mind too, especially if it's for SELF! I understand how you feel, this is also a struggle for me!
  • amh91011
    amh91011 Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks! I just hope with this I can actually stick with it!
  • mitchipooo
    mitchipooo Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I'm sure you'll love MFP. The diary is so easy to use and I haven't come across a food yet that's not listed (or close enough to count). It's a very supportive community, you'll find lots of information, tips and tricks too. WW never worked very well for me, I think I tried it three times, I couldn't handle the stepford wives leading the meetings, so fakely cheery and chipper "gag". Add me if you like, I'm usually on a couple of times a day.
  • bigtwagner
    bigtwagner Posts: 113
    Options
    My advice would be to log your food even if you are having a bad day. I do this to show myself what i am putting into my body. so i get to a point when i see how high that number is, and finally tell myself "that's enough."