C25K...Help!

Hi all. I know many of you have done the C25K program. I am supposed to be in week 6 but I skipped over week 4 as I was just too busy. I am a bit ahead of schedule as I started with longer intervals than the program initially recommended. My issue is that I am running my first 5K on June 29, which only gives me three weeks. So, I'm wondering if I should increase my intervals and the number of days for the next few weeks (from 3 to 5?), or just stick with the schedule and hope for the best. The longest interval I have done so far is 6 mins running, and I am supposed to be doing 8 right now. Also, I have only been doing the program on the treadmill and I have not yet attempted to run outside. (I'm scared!) Has anyone done their first 5k before finishing the program? What were your results? In reality, I should be able to run three miles, but I'm still nervous about it. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    I wouldn't get too worked up over it. Most 5Ks let people walk/run as they go through it, so just do the best you can and have fun. As far as finishing your training, I wouldn't skip any more, and don't push yourself too hard or you will end up with an injury before the big day even gets here.
  • MdawnK
    MdawnK Posts: 8 Member
    I haven't done a 5K along with c25k, but I have read plenty of people completing the "race" by doing the intervals of the week they are currently on. Lots of people run & walk a 5K, so doing the intervals throughout shouldn't be a problem at all. I just wouldn't rush the program too much. You're more likely to hurt yourself and not be able to complete your race!