Has anyone else done something like this!!!

Options
:noway: I love french crusty bread with butter it is great and im always trying to not eat it as it really bloats my tummy but today i failed terribly! i went to the super market and bought one and before i knew it i had ate more than half of it oops:sad: i have now put it to the bottom of my bin covered in rubbish to stop myself eating the rest of it !!! but everytime i walk past the bin i hear it shouting to me COME AND EAT ME!!!!
Has this ever happened to anyone else ? whats your funny story about resisting the things you really love ???:embarassed:

Replies

• macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I've done that before! I bought a fresh, warm loaf of french bread and hate almost the whole thing before I got home!
  • cazzamartinek
    cazzamartinek Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i love it so much but now my tummy is so swollen i look like im 6mnths pregnant :laugh:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Guilty. I've baked and eaten entire loaves more than once.

Some butter, little jam, warm fresh bread...

This is not helping either of us.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    oh yeah the old me would scarf down a whole loaf of fresh sourdough frenchbread from the city - oozing with melted butter. Ohhh heavens. *day dreaming about a fresh loaf of french bread*
  • sunnybunny5us
    sunnybunny5us Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Man, fresh baked french bread with butter is a bad one for me too. I've got to just leave it at the store, but my family likes it too. It's a tough one.
  • cazzamartinek
    Options
    no its not, i can hear it shouting even more now !!!:smile:
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i cannot keep mac & cheese in the house. i am incapable of leaving any behind. no noodle left behind!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Oh man. Bread is my weakness. I could eat a whole loaf for sure. Especially with cheesy pasta.

Good thing I like to run.... :devil:
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    ME TOO! Love fresh bread! It doesn't help that they put it by the checkout line in the store. You have to smell it while waiting! I can't bring any home - it won't last a day!
  • monyango
    monyango Posts: 166
    Options
    I remember one time a long time ago when I was on a no-carb diet (and I felt like I was slowly dying) I went into the bakery and just smelled inside the bags of bread. Oh my gosh did I get some weird looks! lol. But I didn't buy it.

French bread is a total LOVE of mine. I can't buy it because if I do I'll eat half a loaf easily.
  • TwtyMami35
    TwtyMami35 Posts: 99
    Options
    Snyder's Buffalo Hot Wing Pretzles. Love them and "try" to only eat ONE serving, but they the last pretzel always leaves that "you want a few more" taste in my mouth. Before I know it, three servings gone. LOL
  • katysmith77
    katysmith77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    buttery salty popcorn for me, i eat one piece and i'm like a woman possessed until it's all gone... as in the whole multipack of micro popcorn eek! air popped popcorn is just not the same!
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    rIcE....omg, I so miss it and I love the stuff and there would NEVER be leftovers.... Even plain white rice, alittle chill sauce or a bit of butter.... :sad: I can live without bread but rice....:indifferent: so hard
  • Jomalone2
    Jomalone2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that! I've read (and even heard on last night's episode of Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition) that some people have certain food addictions, specifically sugar and certain foods trigger it - bread is one of them. They said the best thing to do is do not eat ANY of it (i.e., don't feed your cravings) because it just makes it worse. I am living proof. I ate at a nice restaurant while traveling recently. THey brought me some fresh warm bread with some cranberry butter (never had heard of it before). Before I knew it I was asking for another loaf and had eaten TWO entire loaves. I spent the next day eating cookies, donuts and driving around looking for a Dairy Queen! (no exaggeration) It took me a few days to detox again - fighting cravings, etc.,

Bottom line - you aren't alone.
  • Jomalone2
    Jomalone2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    P.S. Look up Food Addicts Anonymous - you can read about how certain foods trigger cravings in some people.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    What about the cheesy biscuits at Red Lobster???? I could eat a whole basket. Never have, but I could.
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Bread is by far the thing I miss most about how I used to eat. I used to go to the local bakery and get a warm loaf of Challah. MMMM...It may have lasted the car ride home once or twice. Sadly then I learned just how bad it is for you, even compared to other breads.
  • cazzamartinek
    Options
    This is fab to hear everyone stories its good to know im not going crazy and that it happens to everyone thanks guys :love:
  • janicemitchellcross
    janicemitchellcross Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    cazza mummy bear here dont call me moaning you look six months pregnant! ha ha you know you can call me anytime my weakness is kettle crisps the bigger the bag the better!:flowerforyou:
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Guilty. I've baked and eaten entire loaves more than once.

Some butter, little jam, warm fresh bread...

This is not helping either of us.
    :laugh: