Perspective Change NSV

Options
radosti1
radosti1 Posts: 198 Member
We are on vacation. Walking around Ocean City boardwalk last night after letting the kids go insane on the pier rides. The last time we were there, I was at my lowest point. It was the end of August, and a few days after we got home, I realized I needed a change. Hubby changed his habits with me.

Anyway, we are walking and I remarked how last time we walked on this boardwalk, I got
a giant bucket of Jilly's fries and ate most of it. Then I got the big plastic cup of lemonade and refilled it 3 times before I satisfied my sugar craving. No wonder I was on the fast track to diabetes. Hubby nodded, breathed in all the wonderful smells of food and said, "it was much more fun being fat, we could eat what we wanted!"

I thought about it. We walked up to a bunch of pizza counters. While the idea of fries and pizza and lemonade excited me, seeing the congealed junk waiting to be warmed up didn't excite me at all. It was the memory of the taste, not the actual taste. I don't enjoy the burst of fat in my mouth anymore. And I don't remember the great taste as much as I remember the desperate need to feed the craving. I am glad the craving is gone.

And the bonus was that this morning, I came out of the bedroom dressed in size 8 shorts and a medium tee. The 2.5 year old saw me and squealed, "mommy, look at you!!! You look like Ms. Kristan!" Ms. Kristan is her favorite teacher and a teeny tiny slip of a girl. To be compared to her is pretty incredible to me, since in my head I am still double her size.

Replies

• alim10
    alim10 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    That's a great NSV! :)
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    GREAT NSV WTG!!!!!
  • Devonwood
    Devonwood Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's an awesome NSV!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    that IS an awesome NSV! the other night i really was hungry (or so i thought) and it was after i had seen a movie. the only place open was jerry's subs and pizza...looking at all the fried stuff being warmed up made me feel sick. SICK! i went home and had pb&j instead.
  • radosti1
    radosti1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I ended up grabbing my Orgain shake out of my purse and that was plenty. I almost caved to a slice of pizza with eggplant, tomato, broccoli and fresh mozzarella cheese. However, that's when the 4 yr old howled for a potty and that was it.
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    great NSV!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!