Where are my sorority girls at?!

Options

Replies

• Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I did join the group. I am a sister of the Theta Kappa Pi sorority...have had success and fun while being on MFP.
  • kjpugs
    kjpugs Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm a Sigma Kappa from Elon U in NC. I worked at NHQ in Indiana for two years doing extension and opened up three chapters (FIU, UC Irvine, and Clemson) during my time there. AKA Greek life was MY life for a while :)
  • kjpugs
    kjpugs Posts: 2
    Options
    Yayyy Dove Love :) (tried to reply to the other two SK ladies but failed... sorry new to MFP trying to get the hang of it!)
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Gamma Phi Beta alumn from Christopher Newport! Love this thread!
  • kikiloo
    kikiloo Posts: 14
    Options
    AXiD from Oregon State :)
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    My wife is Alpha Xi Delta from ODU. Graduated in 02. She is on the site but not active in the forums.

One of my best friend's from hs was AXiD at Odu- graduated 04! I love little coincidences like that!
  • Jillian1104
    Jillian1104 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Alpha Xi Delta from Lycoming College. Graduated in 2010 :-)
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Gamma Phi Beta alumn from Christopher Newport!
    I LOVED HIM IN HIGHLANDER THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE
  • Yelbita
    Yelbita Posts: 9
    Options
    Alpha Sigma Tau from Johnson & Wales University in North Miami!
  • Stephanie2167
    Options
    Alpha Omicron Pi Alum from CSU Long Beach.
  • LrdTwitchyMcChin
    Options
    I was in the process of pledging Tri Sig in Eau Claire, WI at UWEC, but I had to stop going to school for finanacial reasons. :( I miss those girls though! I have some of them on my FB at least.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Delta Phi Epsilon sorority sister here! Feel free to add me!

Delta Phi Epsilon here too. Founding sister @ Hofstra University. Epsilon Rho Chapter.
  • peachlow
    peachlow Posts: 91
    Options
    Sigma Beta Xi...Beta Eta Chapter (Warner Robins, Ga) graduated from MGC 2008!!!!

We Rocking Beta Beta!!!!!

Welcome aboard!!!!
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Alpha Phi from Florida Institute of Technology (Theta Zeta chapter), initiated 3/2001, active in the alumnae chapter in the DC Metro area. :)

Come on over and join the Sorority Girls group! :D
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Kappa Kappa Gamma alum from U of Missouri. Greek love!
  • bio_fit
    bio_fit Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    What is a sorority girl?

It's ok, I don't get it either - but that's because it doesn't apply to the UK, we don't have sororities :smile:

Well, I think it's some sort of secret society, because nobody seems to want to explain what it actually means! So far, the horse picture is all I have to go on! Oh, and that it happens in groups of 3 or more... :laugh:
  • beanerific518
    Options
    Alpha Omega Epsilon - Delta Chapter at Milwaukee School of Engineering :flowerforyou:
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    What is a sorority girl?

It's ok, I don't get it either - but that's because it doesn't apply to the UK, we don't have sororities :smile:

Well, I think it's some sort of secret society, because nobody seems to want to explain what it actually means! So far, the horse picture is all I have to go on! Oh, and that it happens in groups of 3 or more... :laugh:

Here is a definition:

A sorority if a fraternal organization for college aged women. Traditionally, they were formed as a "sister organization" to a men's collegiate franternity, but not all sororities were founded that way. They are part of a larger governing body called the Nationall Panallenic Council, which sets forth guiding prinicples for all memebr organizations (sororites and fraternities) to follow. Most take thier names from a combination of Greek letters.

Sororites and fraternities are "members only" type organizations, with membership requirments and rituals that are hundreds of years old in some cases. In addition to social activites, they have high academic standards and community service requirements for their members.

Upon graduation, members become part of their respctive group's alumi associations, and can remain active in this group throughout thier lifetime. Almuni groups offer adults an outlet for socialization and community service.
  • butjuli
    butjuli Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Alpha Sigma Tau, Lycoming College in Pennsylvania =]
  • missxlaur
    missxlaur Posts: 286
    Options
    Kappa Kappa Gamma, Eta Theta Chapter at Harvard! Just graduated last year