Has anyone else done something like this!!!

2»

Replies

• cazzamartinek
    cazzamartinek Posts: 123 Member
    cazza mummy bear here dont call me moaning you look six months pregnant! ha ha you know you can call me anytime my weakness is kettle crisps the bigger the bag the better!:flowerforyou:
    yeah my tummy is not feeling to wonderful expect a phone call in about an hour :laugh: xx
  • scunningham2012
    scunningham2012 Posts: 159 Member
    Cupcakes or cake. :X It's probably the sugar but I'll have one little piece of cake and it will end up being three. XD One cupcake turns into three as well. The fluffy moist cake with a not overly sweet icing is the best!

However, I did crave ice cream for months and finally broke down and had some. Stomach got upset a couple hours later and haven't had cravings for ice cream since!
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Mmmmm French Bread. It is banned in our house for that very reason.
  • Take the bread out of the basket...put it in the sink...take a deep breath...and run water over it!! You can't put butter on mush!!
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    I have to avoid buying the stuff that I crave. Otherwise, the temptation is too much. If it's not in the house, i can't eat it.
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 682 Member
    Guilty. I've baked and eaten entire loaves more than once.

Some butter, little jam, warm fresh bread...

This is not helping either of us.

^^ this. I bake sweets a lot and don't usually eat what I bake but BREAD is a weakness. If I bake bread, I immediately want to eat it.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Throw it away. Sorry to sound so blunt
  • My weakness is cheese! I love cheese so much but it makes my stomach so bloated!!! I had to stop buying it so I was not tempted to eat it!
  • marz42
    marz42 Posts: 223 Member
    no its not, i can hear it shouting even more now !!!:smile:

Maybe it needs to be taken to a dumpster, or get someone else to do it if someone is around.

I don't have this feeling with many foods, except cookies and pizza. Cookies are pretty easy though, I just buy the frozen dough kind and only cook 2 at a time, I can't eat more than there is. I keep trying to convince myself I can order a small pizza and just eat 2 pieces and save the rest for later, but it never seems to work out that way, so lately I've just bought the little personal sized ones. It's still too much food and bad for you, but at least the worst that can happen is a lot less.
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    I have a loaf of foccacia and some yummy Italian dipping oil sitting on my counter at home. VERY tempting. I'm hoping the loaf is stale before I get home. I try to portion it. Only putting out a small amount of bread cubes and a little oil on a dipping plate so I don't go through so much. Luckily when I make brushetta with italian loaf or garlic monterrey jack sour dough appetizers, they don't last more than 15 minutes around my family so I'm spared the uncontrollable noshing....and they're naturally metabolically-blessed (or in my words, they could eat a tub of Crisco and not gain a pound). :laugh:
  • loadsandloads
    loadsandloads Posts: 353 Member
    It is great to read this. My husband just doesn't understand when you buy a bag of "fun size" candy bars that I can't just allow myself 1 a day. I try to tell him its calling my name and I'm sure they'll get stale if I don't eat them. I told him just the other day about McDonald's chocolate chip cookies. I said you can buy 1 but if you buy 3 they are cheaper. He said then buy 3 and have 1 3 days in a row.....hahahahaha. He just doesn't get it. Nice to have company.

I don't know if this would help anyone else but, we like to buy Publix crusty baguettes. I love them with basil pesto on them. Fortunately (?) I have so much weight to lose I still get a rather high calorie allowance. If we buy the baguette, I cut it into allowable portions and put in ziploc in freezer and toast/eat when I can afford the calories.
  • cazzamartinek
    Take the bread out of the basket...put it in the sink...take a deep breath...and run water over it!! You can't put butter on mush!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cazzamartinek
    Throw it away. Sorry to sound so blunt

Its still in the bin and its not going anywhere near my mouth!! i like the bluntness thats just what i need to continue resisting the little bread voices in my head :laugh: :laugh:
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    you know the "banana nutella bread" recipe (weight watchers) that's posted in recipes?

you know how it's only like 117 calories a slice?

you know how a whole loaf is 13 slices? well, not when I eat it. Then it is one big slice.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    I would have to put that bread down the garbage disposal or pour something really gross all over it in the trash. Bread is a total weakness of mine. That and kettle cooked potato chips. I dont even keep them in the house. If hubs wants some he needs to buy them and eat them right away.