am i doing too much exercise??

Options
hi there i am having issues getting my NET calroies to 1200, 4 days a week i do 45 to 50 mins of Zumba averaging between 670 and 870 calories per workout, now i am set to lose 2 lbs a week which leaves me 1430 cals per day im probably averaging 1133 calores intake a day before exercise obviously if i do that puts my net calorie intake is reduced dramatically and i tend to frantically try put my net cal up again im wondering if i shoujld do as im worried im actually doing more damage trying to get my net cals up with the amount of exercise im doing

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    First thing (and most important!) BREATHE!! Or at least use punctuation, I'm getting dizzy just reading it! :laugh:

How do you get to the calorie burn? - MFP estimates are high....If you wear a HRM, eat more - maybe a protein shake after and a banana before ...
    If it is an estimate, eat at least half of it - again in the form of a protein shake, avocado, nuts etc.....
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    lol sorry my grammar isn't usually that bad but i was trying to get all the info down as it shot into my brain XD
    thanks for the information i haven't been able to purchase a HRM just yet though i am looking into purchasing one soon :)

sorry i made you dizzy!! and thanks again for the info

oh and i get the calorie burn straight from the Zumba website :)
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    670-870 for 45-50 mins. of hard cardio sounds unreasonably high for someone 30-some pounds overweight. You're not doing too much exercise, you're just getting a bad calorie burn estimate, in my opinion. If you're not very overweight, you probably don't burn much more than 10 cals/min. at your highest exertion levels. I'd call it 500, maybe 600 at most.
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    im 257lb im obese but its ok im going to get a HRM to get accurate calorie burns (plus Zumba can be pretty intense :P)
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    when i first started zumba i was getting a 500-600 calorie burn each class, now i barely get 200-300. so i would definitely recommend a hrm because you do get used to a workout (even zumba) so you calorie burn will reduce after a while going.

hth
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    cheers thanks so much for the info this is all very helpful :) hrm for me XD