Anyone doing p90x?

Options
Zetto92
Zetto92 Posts: 3 Member
Is anyone doing p90x and tracking on myfitnesspal?

Looking for some p90x friends for motivation.

:smile:

Replies

• hotjava9
    hotjava9 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm a veteran of the program! Don't look at those scale #'s make sure you just look in the mirror and measure your arms/waist/legs! You will see muscle results for sure! If you want a modified diet plan from what they do I would be happy to help (I used p90x2's nutrition plan because it is easier to follow)
  • onamission7486
    Options
    I started it, thought I was going to die the first day.... Needless to say I need to jump back into it! Need Motivation :smile:
  • hotjava9
    hotjava9 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If you thought day 1 was bad day 2 will murder you if you go all out!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it, but I do it weird. I rest twice a week, and I add running on all upper body days. So, I don't following it strickly, but I do it intensely 5 days a week.
  • neverstray
    Options
    If you thought day 1 was bad day 2 will murder you if you go all out!

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I HATE PLYO!

HATE IT< HATE IT<HATE IT!
  • lesdym
    lesdym Posts: 4
    Options
    I started doing it today, it was really hard, but I think once I get the hang of it, it will be a lot better. I wonder how do you actually track the exercise here?
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I officially start today and I was thinking of posting something like this too!

I checked the groups on here for P90x but most of them are not very active.

Anyway, I start today but already did the ab ripper and the stretch dvd this weekend, just for fun. The real fun starts today though :)
    The only thing I'm worried about is my weights may not be heavy enough (guess I'll have to go out and buy more but I'm going to wait and see). Also, I didn't get the pull up bar for several reasons. Hope that won't make a huge difference.

But really, I'm not going to follow it to the T, but just to have a structured workout program to follow for the next few months. I don't do well if I'm not on a set program. I'm also training for a half marathon in 6 weeks, so I'll really be focusing on that. I just want to get weight workouts in so I don't get "skinny-fat" from all the running I'm doing LOL.

Good luck! I'll need it too :happy:
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Oh, and if helps anyone I've already checked out a website called www.p90xcalories.com.
    Gives you the burns for all the workouts. My HRM has been acting funny so I'll be using this site just in case....
  • justinhamlin
    Options
    any good heart rate monitor will calculate your calorie burn as well.

Started P90X yesterday. My arms/chest are jello today. Tonight is plyo. Fun stuff right there.
  • neverstray
    Options
    any good heart rate monitor will calculate your calorie burn as well.

Started P90X yesterday. My arms/chest are jello today. Tonight is plyo. Fun stuff right there.

Can't use one for the workouts, except maybe plyo and cardio x and kenpo, I think. Wont work on the rest.
  • DeborahSueBrooks
    DeborahSueBrooks Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started P90X about a week ago.
    I can't say I'm in love with Plyometrics, but once I was done with it I felt great and extremely accomplished.
    Kenpo is absolutely my favorite. I ALMOST did it twice, but didn't want to get insane about it!

My only problem is I can't afford a resistance band or dumbells, so I took two weights off of my fathers bench press bar and modify my workouts with those. One day. /sigh

I'm in love with the program and have lost 8lbs in 7 days! I'm so addicted!
    Plus, Tony is eye candy :)
  • mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    i started my 3rd week today. (I have ended up taking off more than 1 day both weeks, but with 5 kids, even exercising 5 days a week makes me happy!)

I'm doing the P90 lean. I neglected to do my measurements and the scale did go up the 2nd week:/ I have increases my cals and am hoping that will help.

Good luck!
  • onamission7486
    Options
    Did Ab-Ripper Last night... My stomach hurts, LOL. Tonight I think I'm feeling Kempo! Good luck everyone!
  • onamission7486
    Options
    i started my 3rd week today. (I have ended up taking off more than 1 day both weeks, but with 5 kids, even exercising 5 days a week makes me happy!)

I'm doing the P90 lean. I neglected to do my measurements and the scale did go up the 2nd week:/ I have increases my cals and am hoping that will help.

Good luck!

How do you know which to do for the lean version?? Is there a special schedule? I got mine off ebay, it didn't come with any books.
  • MaryClare1211
    MaryClare1211 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Not doing their diet plan, but doing the workouts. My diets have to be simple simple simple or I get overwhelmed. So I'm just staying under my caloric goal and kicking some P90X butt - love P90X, its good for pretty much anyone that is willing to put in the time. I did it for 45 days before my wedding, 2 years ago and dropped 2 dress sizes before the big day - alterations were expensive, but I wasn't complaining!
  • lesdym
    lesdym Posts: 4
    Options
    You can find the schedules here www.p90xworkoutschedule.org . I'll do like they say, start with the lean one for 90 days, move on to classic 90 days, then maybe ... doubles.