Under eating .... A LOT

Options
Does anyone have a friend who seems to be either:

a) not logging all their food

or

b) is eating a dangerously low number of calories ?

What support would you give them and how? Especially when other people seem to be cogratulating a day with under 1000 calories logged.

Clearly I am working on the assumption that this is not healthy for anyone. If I am mistaken then I accept that, if i am not though....... I am just concerned.

What would you do?

Replies

• gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    As someone who has previously suffered with an ED I unfriend anybody who is eating unhealthily low amounts or exhibiting disordered eating patterns because it's just not healthy for me to see that.

I don't think it's conductive to anybody who's trying to be healthy to be exposed to the diet of somebody who is obviously being extremely unhealthy.
  • sioark55
    sioark55 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That is an interesting point; Im not at all worried that I will follow suit though, I am just concerned about how to approach it. I dont really want to unfriend them because maybe they need someone to say whats what.... its difficult.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,264 Member
    Options
    Send them a private message and ask them why they are eating so low. Don't call them out in "public" as that just will make them defensive. Depending on what they say, proceed from there.
  • rrbd
    rrbd Posts: 7
    Options
    Maybe it's best to assume they are forgetting to log. Send them a friendly reminder or ask if they did log everything for the day, that way, if they are actually undereating your "reminder" can also be a very subtle way to say "I see your being unhealthy!!!".

I definitely would not unfriend someone because of their eating habits. Everyone has such different dietary needs. Some days I am almost completely sedentary and don't need many calories, or if I'm sick I eat very little as well. We just have to watch out for everyone!
  • sioark55
    sioark55 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! :-)