RICE

Options
lcarr1020
lcarr1020 Posts: 62 Member
So I keep hearing that rice is good for you and to have in your diet BUT I also keep hearing people say they cut it out of their diet completely while trying to lose weight...I'm confused is it or is it NOT good for you?

Replies

• ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Do you mean the mnemonic treatment for soft-tissue injuries-- Rest, Ice. Compression, and Heat?
    -wtk
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Stop categorizing foods as "good" or "bad", because it's too simplistic and basically nonsense. Focus on your daily calorie + macro/micronutrient intake, because that's what matters if your goal is weight loss.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    White rice = empty carbs
    Brown rice = much better for you, more fibre & vitamins. And to me tastes much nicer.

But basicly it all comes down to the amount you are eating & what you're eating it with.
    I eat a lot of brown rice and it's never had a bad effect on my weight loss.
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Right, brown rice has more fiber, which could potentially make you feel full and cause you to eat less. Neither of which will matter much if you are already tracking calories and eating a crapload of veggies to cover your fiber intake.
    Bottom line is if brown rice makes it easier for you to hit your calorie goal, then go with that. Doesn't matter much.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Stop categorizing foods as "good" or "bad", because it's too simplistic and basically nonsense. Focus on your daily calorie + macro/micronutrient intake, because that's what matters if your goal is weight loss.

^this
  • sbarnhill99
    sbarnhill99 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Brown rice is good for you.. I live off of Brown rice bowls.