Tell me your Best Diet tip

Options
Hi Guys,

I am going on holiday in a week. I lost quite a lot of weight already through exercise and calorie counting, but I need to find out how I can really push myself this week, before I leave.

Basically, I am trying to find out any good, if not the best, diet tips anyone can give me to really push myself this week and lose an extra pound.
So what is the one diet tip that you guys consider the best?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• akiramezu
    akiramezu Posts: 278
    Options
    Variety of foods in all categories. Vegetables, Fruits, Proteins, Fats and Carbs. So you don't get bored and be consistent with your calorie intake
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Make sure you have healthy food that you're excited to eat. Knowing that you have a nice fresh salmon fillet and spring vegetables for dinner is much more exciting than a plain chicken breast and whatever you can find in your cupboards.
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    Options
    my best tip- water water and more water..good luck
  • BostonMatt
    BostonMatt Posts: 258
    Options
    Journal everything.
  • Pixie_star1234
    Pixie_star1234 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Make sure you have healthy food that you're excited to eat. Knowing that you have a nice fresh salmon fillet and spring vegetables for dinner is much more exciting than a plain chicken breast and whatever you can find in your cupboards.

Thanks all, that sounds good! Note to self: salmon night tonight :P
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Stay away from restaurants! Cook your own food!!
  • suzgeld123
    Options
    Try to minimize alcohol... I am usually much more tempted to eat unhealthy things during and after a few drinks...
  • bubsyh
    bubsyh Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    No alcohol.

I have a major diet rule that helps me. I can only drink on friday and sat night. I have had to get rid of sunday night due to last night's red wine making me feel poorly today. I

Also when you do have a drink try to make sure it is low calorie mixer and 1 shot of spirit rather than beer or wine. These have so many calories in them. If you do want beer or wine try to find "light ones".

I find it hard sometimes to practice what I preach though... but I am trying very hard to stick to this rule.
  • Pixie_star1234
    Options
    No alcohol.

I have a major diet rule that helps me. I can only drink on friday and sat night. I have had to get rid of sunday night due to last night's red wine making me feel poorly today. I

Also when you do have a drink try to make sure it is low calorie mixer and 1 shot of spirit rather than beer or wine. These have so many calories in them. If you do want beer or wine try to find "light ones".

I find it hard sometimes to practice what I preach though... but I am trying very hard to stick to this rule.

I have this rule too. I only drink one glass of wine on Friday and then a couple on Saturday, because it's my "1000 calories burn" gym day. I am dreading to think what I am going to drink on holiday.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Stick to it and never quit!
  • LosingFat4Gd
    Options
    The first week I started drinking green tea 2/3 times a day I lost 3lb & that was with a nights drinking and a birthday party party the next day where I ate 2 deserts. Imagine what I would have lost if I hadnt of had a bad weekend!
  • seamadden
    seamadden Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    plan everything you eat in advance, including snacks. i find if i don't do this then i continually make bad decisions and end up going over on my calories
    and drink lots and lots of water! :-)
  • Pixie_star1234
    Options
    bump
  • drcrimson
    drcrimson Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It's all about taking in fewer calories than you burn. The best way to do this is have the knowledge of the calories in your food and then keep track of them religiously. MFP is a great tool that provides the information to make good diet decisions.

Yolodiet.com
  • Naughtybiscuit
    Naughtybiscuit Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    plan everything you eat in advance, including snacks. i find if i don't do this then i continually make bad decisions and end up going over on my calories
    and drink lots and lots of water! :-)

This! Obsessive planning. If I know exactly what I'm eating and exactly when, I do better than weeks where I ad lib. Plan your next day as soon as you close today's diary.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Work out like a maniac and drink lots and lots of water!!!!! And of course stay on track with your calorie intake and macros!!
  • Bippie252
    Bippie252 Posts: 14
    Options
    I was raised not to eat dinner after 6 pm. I've taken that, as an adult, to not eating anything after 6 pm. My main meals are all consumed between 11:30 -5:30 pm. I go to bed hungry and wake up even hungrier.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    eating more is not always a bad thing.....healthy eating of your burned calories will cause you to loose weight. Shred those pounds
  • melissa10666
    Options
    hi :)
    drink a glass of water first thing in the morning (20 mins or so before breakfast) to get your metabolism going for the day xx
  • gurganuss
    gurganuss Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Be truthful to yourself and dont worry about anyone else.

Exercise and eat healthy. Make sure you are eating what MFP says.