i just cant seem to lose those last couple pounds

okay so ive been dieting and sticking to my calorie intake daily. I havn't gained weight ( usually rotate between a couple pounds daily, one day ill weigh less, the other day i will weigh more[ this will usually really depress me] ) but i just can't lose weight! Its so frusterating and i just don't know what im doing wrong! I do eat like chocolate cake ice cream or some sort of junk food but i make sure its within my daily calories. I'm at 1200 calories which is what mfp recomendeds to lose 1 pound per week, but i'm just not losing any! Should i cut down my sugar because i always seem to be way over my intake. Please any help is appreciated :smile:

Replies

• ed281
    ed281 Posts: 1
    I started watching my sugar and it was really interesting to see how quickly I used I used up my limit for the day (half and tin of beans and a tea with sugar will do it). I don't stick to the limit, because it's extremely low and I like sweet things, but I have become really aware of how much sugar I'm eating and I'm making a conscious effort to keep the number down. I'll let you know if I see any changes!

Also - maybe you shouldn't weigh yourself every day? Our bodies do fluctuate, so seeing the numbers go up and down probably wouldn't be very motivating. I try to weigh-in once a week, that way I can see the overall loss for the week rather than how it fluctuated in between.

Good luck with the last few pounds - I'm on my way there myself, I hear they're tough!
  • Spakka
    Spakka Posts: 2
    Stop eating unhealthily & sort your diet out. There's more to dieting than plain calories in vs calories out.