Extra saggy skin after weight loss!

Options
Hey there! I have about 150lbs to lose and I was just wondering if people who lose that much weight slowly have the same baggy skin problem that people who have weightloss surgery have??

Replies

• MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    From what I've read, baggy skin is a worse problem for people who have had weight loss surgery because it is difficult for them to remain hydrated and get all of their nutrients. Drinking plenty of water will help keep your skin hydrated and elastic, as will using lotion. Taking a multivitamin should help too. Lots of people have different tips for the skin thing but drinking water, using some kind of lotion, and making sure you get your vitamins are the top three.
  • mitchipooo
    mitchipooo Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Great advice MrsBully, that's something I've been wondering about too. I wasn't looking forward to a tummy tuck after battling so hard to lose the weight. Anyone have any recommendations on the sort of lotion to use????
  • juliee274
    juliee274 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    bump
  • drcrimson
    drcrimson Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have seen some of this in my abdomen region. My stomach was out of proportion to the rest of my body before I started the diet, so more of a stretch issue in this area.

Hoping the skin in this area continues to recede over the next several months, but it is an issue now.

Yolodiet.com
  • JackieT54
    JackieT54 Posts: 19
    Options
    thanks for the great ideas i am gonna be losing 200+ and will be doing the suggestions.. Also, if you lose alot of weight of one my friends friend(lol) seriously, had sugery done to remove her skin and donated it to a burn unit.. I think this is a great and honorable gesture on her part.!! GLE!
  • GettinMyLifeBck
    GettinMyLifeBck Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Ive lost about 130lb all together and I can honestly say my skin is going back down..No excess skin my belly is even way flatter and my rolls have disappeared well not all of them but most still need to lose more weight. I lose approx 6-8lb a month and I exercise with weight lifting.... Good luck