Drinking Soda!

Options
I saw this and thought I would share with everyone. I only drink water, iced green tea, or herbal teas since starting my weightloss. Previously a Dr. Pepper and a Hershey bar were my favorite snack...:tongue: .... It was hard for me to quit, but I am glad I did. I feel great physically and i'm proud of myself for beating an addiction...:happy:

Soda.jpg

Replies

• FatToFit12
    FatToFit12 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sorry, took me a while to get the pic up!
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Great thread. no one really thinks at how much crap is in soda and how much weight you can put on from drinking it. It is so unhealthy for you
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Do you have a link to where you found this? I'd like to see it upclose. It's too small to read, but looks informative.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Was there one for DIET sodas also?
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any pop in over 1 month. I never even intentionally cut it out of my diet, I merely meant to cut way back on it. I keep forgetting to buy it at the store and I don't miss it at all.
  • sparklyball
    sparklyball Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    thank you
  • FatToFit12
    Options
    Do you have a link to where you found this? I'd like to see it upclose. It's too small to read, but looks informative.
    http://homesteadsurvival.blogspot.com/2012/06/sip-of-soda-how-soft-drinks-impact-your.html
    This is the blog I found it on, I think you can follow the pic back even further.
  • FatToFit12
    Options
    Was there one for DIET sodas also?
    I did not find one for diet soda, sorry.
  • FatToFit12
    Options
    Great thread. no one really thinks at how much crap is in soda and how much weight you can put on from drinking it. It is so unhealthy for you
    I never thought about it I knew it wasnt healthy, but I didnt realize how unhealthy it is. The sad thing is some kids drink only soda, they will grow up not knowing any better.
  • gypsycoyote
    Options
    I've replaced my Pepsi and other store bought sodas with fruit juice and club soda... Not as healthy as water, but it IS better. :D And though I miss the caffeine, I do not miss the heavy feeling it gave me. :D

And about the kids only drinking soda... That is up to the parents to educate them and tell them NO MORE SODA. Parents are so afraid of telling their kids NO, even when the kids are doing things that will negatively impact their health. My 3 year old NEVER drinks soda, aside from a sip here and there, and that is usually Sprite (no caffeine). Either way, parents need to step up and take charge of their kids, and stop fearing them and society.
  • FatToFit12
    Options
    I've replaced my Pepsi and other store bought sodas with fruit juice and club soda... Not as healthy as water, but it IS better. :D And though I miss the caffeine, I do not miss the heavy feeling it gave me. :D

And about the kids only drinking soda... That is up to the parents to educate them and tell them NO MORE SODA. Parents are so afraid of telling their kids NO, even when the kids are doing things that will negatively impact their health. My 3 year old NEVER drinks soda, aside from a sip here and there, and that is usually Sprite (no caffeine). Either way, parents need to step up and take charge of their kids, and stop fearing them and society.

My parents rarely let us have soda as kids, and then it was usually sprite. My cousins only drank soda and now as adults they refuse to drink anything else. My oldest cousin cant remember the last time he drank a glass of water, and is proud of it. Its sad, they are both so unhealthy an both suffer from severe depression. I dont know if there is a realationship between thier diet and depression, but it cant be helping. I wish they could see how great you can feel with a healthy diet and a little exercise.