Healthy fat and protein snack help...

Options
I can't seem to get enough healthy fat and protein in my food.. can anyone give me some snack options.. I already eat peanut butter/almond butter, soybean, and avocado (sometimes . I dont like the taste),

Replies

• dachinababe
    dachinababe Posts: 185
    Options
    I can't seem to get enough healthy fat and protein in my food.. can anyone give me some snack options.. I already eat peanut butter/almond butter, soybean, and avocado (sometimes . I dont like the taste),
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    If you are not a vegetarian you can try canned tuna with mustard instead of mayonnaise on some whole grain crackers. I also like my tuna salad with relish but I know that might not be a favorite.

Eat more tuna than the crackers. :happy:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Lots of foods have protein in them! try adding eggs, cheese and lean meats like chicken and fish
  • kaiyacali
    kaiyacali Posts: 175
    Options
    Sushi is good! Boca and morning star products are wonderful. Nuts have a great source of protein.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    almonds almonds almonds (ok, any nut will do), but I love almonds. Great healthy fat and lots o protein.
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I have to eat high protein and low carbs ... i hace pcos... so they told me to eat lost of 2% cheeses.. add some cream cheese to a healthy low fat high grain mini bagel eat string cheese and lots of yougart... It seems to help the cravings for chocolate too... :P good luck
  • dachinababe
    Options
    Thanks for all the post unfortunately im a vegetarian...
  • frenchfoodlover
    Options
    hummus is a good option if your vegetarian.... but if you buy it, check the fat because it can vary greatly. Some companies add a lot of oil to theirs.
  • frenchfoodlover
    Options
    Ooh especially roasted red pepper hummus... mmmmmm...
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Almonds. Love those almonds. Quick easy snack. Also apple with peanutbutter. YUM
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Since you are a vegetarian I recommend you read Skinny B****h. It is a book written by Vegans and they have a bunch of great ideas. They also have recipes. I do some of the things they recommend but I can't give up meat.
  • dachinababe
    Options
    lol....for a second i thought u are calling names up in here sherr..lol.. thanx for the suggestion..
  • dachinababe
    Options
    lol....for a second i thought u are calling names up in here sherr..lol..
    thanx for the suggestions guys .:flowerforyou:
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Since you are a vegetarian I recommend you read Skinny B****h. It is a book written by Vegans and they have a bunch of great ideas. They also have recipes. I do some of the things they recommend but I can't give up meat.
    I agree.. I love that book.... ITs awsome GOOD READINGS