Road Trip Snack Ideas?

Options
In the near future I will be making at least two extended road trips (5 hour drive-Minneapolis, MN/14 hour drive-Williamsburg, VA) and would like to come up with a collection of neat snack ideas to keep in the car!

I'm going to be sure to drink plenty of water, and kind of want to try my hand at making my own trail mix/granola bars to bring along.

Please feel free to share any of your favorite smart snack ideas, or any other random traveling advice! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• MissCheese
    MissCheese Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Wasabi peas.
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Wasabi peas.

I bet those would be great for a mix, never even crossed my mind!
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Beef Jerky
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    beef jerky
    dry roasted edamame
    carrot sticks
    grapes
    almonds
  • RF3377
    RF3377 Posts: 97
    Options
    I always bring plenty of fruit with me on any roadtrips!
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    protein bars
    almonds
    peanut butter
  • cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Are you a cookie person? I went on a road trip with my dad (who has a sweet tooth) and I got some cookies by Go Go Quinoa that were delicious! They were individually packaged (which I hate) but it was nice for travelling (putting them in your bag/ leaving them in the car etc). However, low in sugar (even with chocolate chips) and have 5g of protein for two cookies so I found I didn't eat a ton of them at once.
    http://www.gogoquinoa.com/products/cookies/quinoa-cookies-chocolate-chips/

I also like dried fruit. It's nice to have something to chew on during the quieter parts of the trip. I like mangos.

A tin of pop corn is good too. It keep me from buying a lot of chips and satisfies the need for 'crunch'.
  • RealHealthQuest
    RealHealthQuest Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Any dried fruit (no sugar added), just be careful because they are still calorie dense
    Dry roasted almonds
    Larabars
    Kashi Heart - to -Heart crackers
    Kale chips
    Grab fresh fruit when you can
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Wow, great suggestions! I was thinking of making a bento-box deal to keep everything handy!

I just don't want to fall victim to the "Fast-Food Monster" that I know my travelling companions will insist on!