May I make a request?

Options

Replies

• Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    Please ...for the love of all that's good in this world...PLEASE wipe down the gym equipment after you use it....

you know who you are.

Ok...got it..
    I am a before person as well

Wait wha?

lol
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Bleh I hate when people do that. If looks could kill there wouldn't be any more of those at my gym.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options

Oh, and if you're going to wipe down before, why should I do it after?

I was thinking this too

Because I don't know who does and who doesn't

Ok...so if you are going to wipe it down anyways....Why complain if someone doesnt...

It's not like you had to do extra work...you were already going to wipe it down
  • Darlingir
    Options
    ATTENTION ATTENTION ERRBODY.....WIPE DOWN YOUR EQUIPMENT.
    dj-bobby-live-2.jpg

ROTFL!
  • Darlingir
    Options

Oh, and if you're going to wipe down before, why should I do it after?

but still......lol

I was thinking this too

Because I don't know who does and who doesn't

Ok...so if you are going to wipe it down anyways....Why complain if someone doesnt...

It's not like you had to do extra work...you were already going to wipe it down

oops
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    Please ...for the love of all that's good in this world...PLEASE wipe down the gym equipment after you use it....

you know who you are.

Request Denied: You must suffer from my lack of germophobia and bask in my glorious sweat...oh and

I LIKE YOU!.. this germ thing is a hoot... we have sanitizer dispensers all over the school now. I took a group of kids to a show last week and one kid used the restroom and would not button his fly until he'd sanitized. I said, "Josh-your pants are open.." it was funny-walking to the sinks, washing.. walking to the paper towels.. with your pants open.. TOO FAR
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    I wipe down when my sweat leaves an impression on it, especially the butt piece of the weight machines, but I am not going to sit there and clean the entire machine of any presence of me. I wash my hands when i leave the gym and take a shower :)
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options

you know who you are.

PUG!!!
  • DaleArden
    DaleArden Posts: 26
    Options
    It's not the thought of germs that gets me, not at all--I'm a child of the Eighties and grew up grubbing around in a mud pile--but it's just plain ICKY to be sitting in someone else's sweat. My own is bothersome enough, but someone else's? Blech.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    This what I do...I always wipe down equipment after use and re-rack my weight...
    HOWEVER
    There are times when I am finishing my last set...and before I can start re-racking weight...someone is asking to jump on it...and begin their workout before I can even walk away....

I also bring an extra shirt that I lay on the equipment I sit on or lay on...so it's not like I am actually sweating on the equipment...

Really..unless you bring a bucket of HOT azz water with Clorox...nothing you can do to get someone elses dead skin off you or what have you...

Might as well get a home gym....
  • CountDown321
    CountDown321 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    YES! Ditto, WIPE IT DOWN.

Also, your Pug is adorable. Hes almost grinning.
  • Darlingir
    Options
    not asking for anyone to boil the equipment....just a courtesy... wipe people...lol
  • Darlingir
    Options
    YES! Ditto, WIPE IT DOWN.

Also, your Pug is adorable. Hes almost grinning.

pugs!
  • Darlingir
    Options
    This what I do...I always wipe down equipment after use and re-rack my weight...
    HOWEVER
    There are times when I am finishing my last set...and before I can start re-racking weight...someone is asking to jump on it...and begin their workout before I can even walk away....

I also bring an extra shirt that I lay on the equipment I sit on or lay on...so it's not like I am actually sweating on the equipment...

Really..unless you bring a bucket of HOT azz water with Clorox...nothing you can do to get someone elses dead skin off you or what have you...

Might as well get a home gym....

fair enough
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Costanza.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    not asking for anyone to boil the equipment....just a curiosity wipe people...lol

Courtesy girl, not curiosity. LOL

I agree 100%. It's gross and I don't want to be wallowing in someone else's sweat. If you are too lazy to clean the machine when you are done, you don't really need to be working out in a public gym. It's just plain good etiquette.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Costanza.

You are all over the place today! LOL
  • Darlingir
    Options
    Thanks, Costanza.

You are all over the place today! LOL

lol! yup...trying not to eat!!
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    I treadmill. When I start, I'm not sweaty, and I press about 4 buttons to get started. I touch nothing for the next hour, and the machine stops on its own. Do I need to wipe down the tread? Perhaps Fabreeze the area in case I let a couple of SBD's go?
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    YES YES YES YES YES