Jumbo shrimp recipe ideas anyone?

Options
Just bought some really scrumptious looking jumbo shrimp that was on sale for 5.95 a lb! Wondering if anyone has some dinner recipe ideas for cooking these babies up!

Replies

• saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    marinate in butter, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Put them on skewers. Grill. Obviously not the healthiest, but I love them.
  • ashisashortone
    ashisashortone Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just found a recipe from skinnytaste. It essentially like a shrimp spaghetti with red pepper flakes. I got shrimp in the freezer too. ^_^
  • Amanda_Rae_Rae
    Options
    marinate in butter, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Put them on skewers. Grill. Obviously not the healthiest, but I love them.

That sounds quick and easy, and of course delicious! Thanks!
  • Amanda_Rae_Rae
    Options
    I just found a recipe from skinnytaste. It essentially like a shrimp spaghetti with red pepper flakes. I got shrimp in the freezer too. ^_^

Oh yum!!! That sounds sooooo goood!!! I gotta find that recipe =]]
  • pumpkinhoney
    Options
    :brokenheart: :drinker: Shrimp fry ....

Pour some olive oil on the pan . After it is heated , add some sliced onions and fry them till lthey are light brown. Add ginger garlice paste now and fry it. Now add the prawns , add salt . Don't add water as shrimp will ooze water anyway. Keep on frying for 15 min and then finally add paprika and coriander powder and grounded spices ( cardamom, black pepper, cinnamon stick , bay leaf , anistar and fennel seeds) . Finally add grated coconut .

Serve this with rice / tortilla

This is Indian , u can skip few spices if u u don't have
  • pumpkinhoney
    Options
    Shrimp fry ....

Pour some olive oil on the pan . After it is heated , add some sliced onions and fry them till lthey are light brown. Add ginger garlice paste now and fry it. Now add the prawns , add salt . Don't add water as shrimp will ooze water anyway. Keep on frying for 15 min and then finally add paprika and coriander powder and grounded spices ( cardamom, black pepper, cinnamon stick , bay leaf , anistar and fennel seeds) . Finally add grated coconut .

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Wrap in bacon. Put on skewers. Grill. NOMS!
  • marissa4354
    marissa4354 Posts: 140
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has a great Bangin Shrimp recipe. I had it yesterday, it was awesome.
  • faith99436
    faith99436 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i used to work at a place where we steamed them and seasoned them with either cajun or old bay seasoning simple but tastes yummy! and you don't have to add all the butter and fating stuff :)
  • Turtlesrcool
    Options
    What about a stir fry with broccoli and yellow squash? I would serve it over whole wheat angel hair pasta.:drinker:
  • RzRzRzR
    RzRzRzR Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Just steam them then put them on ice. Peel them and add some grated horseradish or grated ginger to taste.
  • RzRzRzR
    RzRzRzR Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i used to work at a place where we steamed them and seasoned them with either Cajun or old bay seasoning simple but tastes yummy! and you don't have to add all the butter and fating stuff :)

Sounds great! No butter needed on shrimp!
  • Amanda_Rae_Rae
    Options
    Oh man! All these ideas are wonderful. I think I'm definitely going to have to make another trip to the supermarket tomorrow for some more shrimp =]]
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    If they are fresh, definitely just some garlic butter and grill or broil!
  • jsukhan
    jsukhan Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I just saute them in butter and garlic powder. Once again not the healthiest. I guess olive oil would word too.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    i was in a hurry tonight so I sauted some shrimp in olive oil, garlic, capers and garlic salt and pepper and a little romano cheese... then tossed in a handful of spaghetti squash I had around.. pretty yummy
  • teriann1979
    teriann1979 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Shrimp fry ....

bump

simple curry is good too
  • berringtonsarah
    Options
    BOIL THE SHRIMP 'TIL DONE AND ENJOY WITH LETTUCE,TOMATO,ONION OR WHATEVER YOU LIKE ON YOUR SALAD AND DO A LITE VINEGRETTE DRESSING.