broke my foot 3 days ago

Options
and im already going insane with out training and being active! i've never broken any bones before so this is new for me. i guess i'm looking for encouragement as im not going to be able to strength train or run for a long time and im worried about what the long period of inactivity is going to do to my muscle and fittness.
Anyone got experinces they can share? or any advice?

Sarah

Replies

• cjmas
    cjmas Posts: 63
    Options
    That's ROUGH. I broke some bones in my foot awhile back... it makes life tough. I would be really careful about your caloric intake.

There are possibly some ab exercises you can do on the floor, sitting down. I'm sure you can also do some upper body strength workouts, too. Just take it easy, and good luck.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,129 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I broke my foot in 2010. It really sucks. Sorry about that. I agree with cjmas. Start watching your calories and your weight really closely. It takes a *while* before you're back at the old routine. Do you have access to a gym for weights or resistance machines?

I had them take my cast off after two weeks...AMA...lots of arguing and paper-signing. But I couldn't deal with it. I did gain some weight, and I think it was out of frustration.

If you are a surfer, get out on the water, even if it is kayaking or just paddling around on your board.
  • ckuprienko
    Options
    I broke my foot in Feb. and had a cast on for 10 weeks. I had been going to a gym before and was at a good weight and doing strength training. I was in good shape. I stopped training for 8 and weeks!!! against my trainers recomendation. I really regret not going in and doing upper body and and core training. I was so week from lack of excersize it has been very hard to get back into my routine. and had gained weight which I am addressing here. So Please do what ever you can to stay active. You "ll feel a lot better when you have recovered and wont" be causing your self more problems. Good luck. !!! Please add me if you like I would love and new friends.
  • jillyjelly
    jillyjelly Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I broke my leg a couple years ago - my therapists gave me some ideas

arm exercises with weights and try anything with Jorge Cruise 8 Minutes workouts - some you can't do but some you can