Best protein powder?

Options
What does everyone use? I'm in the market for a new one.

Replies

• savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    gaspari myofusion....tastes AMAZING
  • Myzippyboy
    Myzippyboy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    BSN syntha-6 200 cal, 6g fat, 22g protein, 180mg sodium and 14g carb in one scoop.
    Banana and strawberry are yum
  • jagwab
    jagwab Posts: 93
    Options
    I like Isopure
  • caitwinmary
    Options
    SHAKEOLOGY & platinum hyrdo whey vanillaaaaa
  • ptg_
    ptg_ Posts: 15
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey.
  • Meadows18
    Meadows18 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Designer whey (chocolate)
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    ON gold standard
  • desireedare
    Options
    Depends on what you're using it for and when. If you're using it for after a work out, you need a whey "hydrosolate" because it's the fastest digesting protein. If you're using it for a late night snack, try a casein... because it's slow digesting!
  • spokaloo
    spokaloo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    ON gold standard
    I like Gold Standard as well. Tastes great!
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Optium Nutrition Gold Standard. Flavors are great and it dissolves better than any other protein powder I've used.
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I use GNC Pro Performance Banana Cream Pie Whey. I'm usually SUPER picky about my protein powders, because I won't use it unless I like the taste of it... I can't just down it and tolerate it like many others do JUST to get their protein in.

I tried the Banana Cream Pie whey and LOVED IT! Mixed with skim milk it tastes JUST like what it says. I also tried the chocolate, chocolate peanut butter, and cookies and cream and didn't like them nearly as much. I put those in with my pudding mix to mask the flavors a bit, and add some protein to my pudding snacks. :)

I didn't think I'd like a "fruity" whey protein, but this one was amazing and I liked it better than any of the other ones. I find that the fruity protein powders stay truer to their flavors than those of chocolate or chocolate PB or anything like that. I've just ordered a sample of the Trutein Cinnabon flavor, so we'll see how that goes, but for now I'ma stick with my banana cream pie. :)
  • svetz
    svetz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I swear by Gladiator, by Smoothie King. 45 g protein, 0 carb, only 180 calorie and delicious! I have atleast one per day if not more!
  • Ctacktx
    Ctacktx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Progenex's protein is a great recovery protein.
  • rcthale
    rcthale Posts: 141
    Options
    I chose Dymatize whey for my first, and never had a reason to change. The taste is much better than I'd expected.
  • lidybug1984
    lidybug1984 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I use Pure Protein Plus...but I'm interested to hear what people think is the best!
  • jesscod
    jesscod Posts: 98
    Options
    I like Met Rx - i get it at trader joes and its only 23 bucks for a supply that lasts you about 30 days if you take one scoop a day. Its pretty tasty to me now too.
  • kateflourishes
    kateflourishes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I forgot to ask but what are the prices of these?
  • mmurelli
    mmurelli Posts: 26
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey.

this is mine too, the double chocolate. i add 2 tsp pb2 with 8 oz almond milk. very good.
    i got mine at the gym for $45 and it's a 5 lb. container.
  • MalissaDC
    MalissaDC Posts: 123
    Options
    I use Vitacost Vanilla whey proten powder
    It's about $42 for 5 lbs.
  • aalina_22
    aalina_22 Posts: 10
    Options
    Protein powder is found in different forms but I like to use Pure Protein Plus.