A few hundred more to go, 82 days in and need some support!

Options
82 days ago I started the journey to change my life for the better. I have been overweight my entire life and it was March 29th and I was in the ER for the second time in 2 months with heart palpitations. Thankfully I was okay, and diagnosed with a panic disorder brought on by my anxiety about my weight. After that my 2 best friends sat me down to have the talk. I was a senior in college, 22 years old, and 550 lbs. I had and still have a very very long way to go. After a battery of tests by my doctor I have no heart problems, no high blood pressure, and no diabetes.... I was just as shocked as he was. I take it as a blessing and a sign that I am given the opportunity to get this under control. After 82 days I am 506 lbs. I cant wait to see that scale hit a number below 500, its been 3 years. I know that with the support of my friends, family, and a community like this I can do this! Feel free to add me, the more of us to support each other, the merrier!

Replies

• Pegstir58
    Pegstir58 Posts: 4
    Options
    WOW! that is some terrific. Congrats on your success so far and I hope your journey continues successfully. Keep up the good work
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    congrats on your success so far friend! friend request sent
  • kibelle_87
    Options
    You can do it!
  • ladypirotessa
    Options
    Congratulations on getting this far! 82 days is a long time but you are doing something wonderful not only for your body but for every facet of you. 43 pounds is nothing to sneeze at and I am sure everyone in your circle is really proud of you! Keep the short term goals small and make celebration dates when you hit those smaller goals :) Eventually all those little goals add up to the final goal. You can do it!

Feel free to add me if you would like!
    ~Lady Pirotessa
  • ekr1984
    ekr1984 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congrats and keep up the great work!
  • mommy3girlygirls
    Options
    That is so happy. Please keep it up for you. I have diabetes and bad complications from it that I wouldn't wish upon anyone. Keep it up my friend.
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    That is some amazing progress! It will probably take some time for you to reach your ultimate goal weight, but here's the thing: that time is going to pass anyway, whether you're taking steps to better your health or not. Might as well have something really positive to show for it!
  • urasweethart
    urasweethart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    That is some amazing progress! It will probably take some time for you to reach your ultimate goal weight, but here's the thing: that time is going to pass anyway, whether you're taking steps to better your health or not. Might as well have something really positive to show for it!

I love this so POSITIVE!!!!!