Sweet Snacks?

Options
Hey! I'm a huge sweets person and Ive been able to cut most of them out but does anyone have suggestions of sweet but healthy snacks?

Replies

• simpleejenn
    Options
    handful of peanuts, little bit of yogurt and some splenda in the food processor. add a touc h of chocolate ( very little)...perfect for fruit
  • TheNewBrittney
    Options
    I like to make a shake with my body by vi mix with a little peanut butter in 1% chocolate milk, with ice! im sure you could use any protein powder you like, but mine end up tasting like a butter finger! delicious! haha
  • StrawberrySt
    StrawberrySt Posts: 235
    Options
    A square of good quality dark chocolate is about 50 calories

I love Lindt excellence with coconut
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    i grab baby carrots, sweet enough!!
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I like greek yogurt "cheesecake" - It's just greek yogurt (I use Fage 0%) mixed with a bit of cheesecake pudding mix, and I use the mini graham cracker crusts at 110 cals (optional of course). Mine turns out to be between 19 and 23g protein depending on the yogurt, what I put in it, and how I make it. I sometimes omit the pudding mix and just add hersheys lite chocolate syrup to the yogurt instead.

Another thing I like is protein pudding. I put my cookies and cream whey protein in some chocolate pudding, that way I don't feel TOO guilty about eating the protein cause although it may have extra calories, it also has protein lol
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I stock up on the 100 calorie snacks they sell.
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    i grab baby carrots, sweet enough!!

You crazy. lol I wish I could do that!!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Have a look in the recipe section for a low-cal banana bread recipe (or it might be muffins, I forget).
    I cooked it as a loaf and it came out at 89 cals per (very delicous) slice.
    I don't use artificial sweeteners or stevia (don't like the taste) so I made it with actual sugar and it was still low cal.

Grapes are a great sweet snack too - they are little and snacky (like lollies!) but not too high in calories if you pay attention to how many you are eating.

My other suggestion is to eat what you enjoy, but practice portion control. I know that 60g of icecream doesn't look like very much, but I would much rather have 60g of creamy delicious full-fat, full-sugar icecream (i use a very small bowl for this serve so it doesn't look so tiny!) than a larger serve of an artificially sweetened, no fat substitute). My theory is that this is the only thing that is going to keep me at a healthy weight for the long term -learning to enjoy real food in moderate portions. Ok, rant over now!

I'm also working on getting used to sweet things that aren't quite as sweet. Instead of adding honey or sugar to my porridge (oatmeal) I add apple or banana which makes it sweet, but not soooo sweet. I try to snack on veggies (like cherry tomatoes, celery etc) as well as fruit.

Good luck, I know how hard it is to ignore that sweet tooth!
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    fruit
    SF popsicles
    SF fudge pops
    fruit smoothie made with frozen fruit, ice, water and sweetner
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    A square of good quality dark chocolate is about 50 calories

I love Lindt excellence with coconut

Oooh, Lindt coconut sounds great, i must look out for that. My current favourite is Lindt dark with sea salt - yummy.
  • ariant23
    ariant23 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    chocolate cheerios! it's 100 calories per serving (interestingly enough, the honey nut cheerios are 110 and apple-cinnamon are 120)

Chocolate cheerios are one of my many chocolate cereal loves, that started with cocoa crispies.

but... some things are not as bad as you might think.
  • lissymae11
    lissymae11 Posts: 71
    Options
    1/4 cup of powdered confectioner's sugar only has 120 calories... so sometimes I dip strawberries in that.

Not bad as far as calories go, but it's probably better for just a once in a while thing because it's a lot of sugar lol.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    milk+ovaltine is delicious malt for 150 calories.

Dried fruits (raisins etc)

fresh fruits
  • builtforlife
    builtforlife Posts: 259
    Options
    If you're under your calorie goal for the day, a pop tart may come in handy. :) 200 calories.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Frozen Grapes, greek yogurt, or graham crackers. All relatively low in calories and great tasting.
  • HausOfTina
    HausOfTina Posts: 92
    Options
    for sure popsicles!
  • nogoldilocs
    nogoldilocs Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Chocolate graham crackers with peanut butter!
  • chonji4ever
    chonji4ever Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I like those ice cream bars that are under 100 cals. Have been seeing quite a few lately at the store...