What would you tell yourself...

Options
while you were gaining the weight? if you could go back in time, what would you say to yourself when you gained the first 10 pounds? the first 20?

Replies

• janelle1993
    janelle1993 Posts: 128
    Options
    You are going to regret this because it is going to be a tough journey trying to get back to where you were and how you felt physically!!!
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    to be very careful and do more research on birth control before you agree to it.. The shot caused me to gain 20 lbs back in a month.. which was the start of my issues.
  • ms_sparky
    ms_sparky Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    "If you keep this up, you will be diabetic by the time you're 40."
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Why!!!!!!! Why are you doing this to yourself?
  • 7bel0
    7bel0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    "Don't allow this man to verbally and emotionally abuse you and control your life."

yup. 3.5 years of verbal and emotional abuse and not doing much but going out to bars caused quite a rapid weight gain. Luckily, since leaving him, I've lost 75 pounds.
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    "get your *kitten* to the gym and cut out all the fast food and beer!!" I did do these things, but not as quickly as I should have :)
  • tom1834
    tom1834 Posts: 34
    Options
    I know you want to crawl into a handle of scotch, I know you're feeling lost, empty, and like like the happiness you see around you isn't meant for your life. I know you have no path. But remember all that you are, all that you have accomplished, and that chance favors the prepared, not the fat. You will have chances, but the farther you fall the lower your probability for success..
  • irishdancer23
    irishdancer23 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    these are great responses guys! i, unfortunately, am at the point where i am gaining more than i am losing...i know how out of control this can get, and i am trying to fix it NOW!
  • ms_sparky
    ms_sparky Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    these are great responses guys! i, unfortunately, am at the point where i am gaining more than i am losing...i know how out of control this can get, and i am trying to fix it NOW!

Good for you! You are stronger than you know. It's your life...you control it, it doesn't control you. :wink:
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! I wished I had caught mine before it got to where it did!!!! But I am thankful that I caught it before it caused me any health problems like diabetes or something
  • scornholio
    scornholio Posts: 11
    Options
    Lay off the cokes!!!!!!
  • hevans17
    hevans17 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Stop!
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    emotional eating is not an answer, it's a another problem......
  • smashleyduke
    Options
    don't eat fast food whenever you feel like it!
  • svelte2012
    svelte2012 Posts: 18
    Options
    I would say:

- eat what you want - but enjoy every bite
    - get some exercise cause it'll make you happier
    - live your life and realize that no one cares what you look like but you
    - never ever miss out on something because you'll do it when you're thinner
  • StrawberrySt
    StrawberrySt Posts: 235
    Options
    I would say

- just because you've never had to exercise to be thin doesn't mean you never should
    - now your job is less active, you need to make up for it in other ways
    - you cannot fall back on a 'fast metabolism' and eat what you want forever!
  • irishdancer23
    Options

Good for you! You are stronger than you know. It's your life...you control it, it doesn't control you. :wink:

you're so sweet. thank you! this is just what i needed to hear.
  • irishdancer23
    Options
    Awesome!!!! I wished I had caught mine before it got to where it did!!!! But I am thankful that I caught it before it caused me any health problems like diabetes or something

thank you! i know, i've been thinking about the future lately. i don't think i could live with myself knowing what i know now and making the choice not to do anything about the weight.
  • Creamshakes
    Creamshakes Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    "You're going to be so, so, so miserable."