30 day 'stop that food/drink addiction' challenge

Options
jjblogs
jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
So, I have two problem food/drinks that I simply cannot seem to give up.....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7sHBEIxJF1RjdNJBOYNu-IUhp2pZYnhLgsZnDPW7D88z50yqC

photolibrary_rf_photo_of_bowl_of_popcorn.jpg

Now, I understand a bit of popcorn and a energy drink now and again isn't a big deal. But, I have at least one energy drink a day (sometimes two), and a *huge* amount of popcorn almost every single night.

I'd love to start a group challenge so that I have to be accountable to others to stop these habits.

If you are wanting to stop an addiction that is getting in the way of your goals, join me! List your addiction, and I'll come up with a start date and add the group.

Replies

• momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I need to stop drinking pop, it's a terrible habit.
  • Lillyeatslillies
    Options
    OMG my downfalls are lo carb monsters and popcorn too!!! It's like you're my addiction twin
  • cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm in the final stages of trying to cut out the pop for good.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I am in, I also eat a huge amount of popcorn almost everynight. Popcorn isnt a bad snack but i need to cut back the amount and quit eating it every single night. I am going to limit myself to 4 cups of popcorn 3 nights a week to start. We can do this
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I was addicted to soda O.o and it doesn't matter if it is zero-cal or full of them.. all the sugar is not good for me D; I have been successful so far.. I haven't had a soda since May 30th :D

I also LOVE skittles.. and my boyfriend's mother gave me a GIANT bag of them for helping with a grad party for her daughter.. I munch on some almost daily.. And I really want to cut back when I have them (I can't quit them completely.. at least not cold turkey!)
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I need to stop drinking pop, it's a terrible habit.

Same here!!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    You lot are so wholesome.... I drink way too much alcohol and eat too much chocolate and usually one leads to the other.... not a good cycle to be in.
  • TheSlimWithin
    Options
    I think mine would probably be excessive sauces/condiments, and tea because I just can't have tea without putting too much milk and sugar in it. :noway: Not good!
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Im in! If u start that group pls notify me :)
    I over indulge in all my favorite junk foods. Im gonna go out on a limb and say urs are not bad at all.. Mine are crazy bad!

HOT CHEETOS
    NE THING CHOCOLATE
    COOKIE, ICE CREAM, CAKE AND DONUTS
    NACHOS
    CHIPS
    PIZZA
    HEAVY MEXICAN AND ITALLIAN FOODS.... MMMMMMMM
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I had an air popped popcorn addiction. The small kernel ladyfinger popcorn cured me of it.
  • JeanneGreenie
    JeanneGreenie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Good for you! My husband has a horrible soda addiction and I always feel bad keeping it from him. I would love to join a group like that, my downfalls are Oreo cookies and Chocolate :ohwell:
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Ok, I started the group and sent invites to you ladies...HOPE YOU GET THEM!! We'll start this Wednesday, June 13. Good luck..:)
  • payupalice
    payupalice Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Frozen pizzas, OMG.
  • AHealthyMe1lbAtATime
    AHealthyMe1lbAtATime Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Pop is the big one for me, but also sweets... any sweets in general...
  • emmamacey
    emmamacey Posts: 1
    Options
    I need to stop salt & vinegar chips, chocolate and coke zero... am I able to join?
  • cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Frozen pizzas, OMG.

I had to stop buying those pillsbury mini frozen pizzas because I'd eat a box of 8 in a day. I UNDERSTAND YOU.
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join!

I need to stop with the soda! Granted, I've cut way back since joining MFP but I'd love to be able to go 30 days without it. I've only ever been able to do that once.
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I need to kick the diet soda habit! Damn McDonald's $1 drinks in the summer just kill me!
  • lindserly
    lindserly Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I gave up coke/pepsi (brown pop) 2 and 1/2 years ago. I occasionally have a sprite or 7 up, MAYBE one a month if that.

My addiction is ice cream. I start eating it and I can't stop til it's gone. I need to join this group and cut ice cream out for 30 days.
  • emilywagers13
    Options
    I work in a fast food restaurant so the temptation is always in my face...I do really well at work except I just can't stop eating french fries! Granted I eat WAY less than I used to but I would like to kick the habit totally lol:smile: