Not loosing..yet doing all the right things??

Options
Have barely lost any weight lately...yet I've been staying under my calories, and exercising heaps...anyone have any suggestions why??

Replies

• Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I would suggest opening your diary to the public- we can't really make a helpful suggestion based off of what you have said so far.
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat so all I can say is hang in there!!!!

xoxo
  • ashshields12
    ashshields12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Are you being honest with your diary? Agree if you open your diary we could possibly assist. Are you eating clean?
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    Dont worry! stick with what you are doing I can find Ive lost nothing for weeks and then it will begin to drop again 1
  • nbingham
    nbingham Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're staying too far under your calories? Are you eating at least 1200 a day?
  • quiqui21
    quiqui21 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sorry! Didn't know it was on Private...switched it to Public.
  • Fiery_Vixen
    Fiery_Vixen Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Are you staying under your calories with or without exercising? I've heard your body can go into starvation mode if it doesn't get enough calories, and when it does that it hangs onto as much fat from your food as it can...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    How long have you been on the reduced calories for? How long have you stelled for?
  • quiqui21
    Options
    Been sitting around 1200 for about 2 weeks. I've contemplated eating more calories to see if it changes anything??
  • ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    At first glance, I'd say way over estimating calorie burns from exercise.

What are you doing to get 1000-1300 calorie burns? If running burns around 100-150 cal/hr.. . .I doubt you're running for 9 hours a day.

You're ticker says you've lost 9kg (almost 20 lbs) in what time period?
  • brunochains
    brunochains Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What u could do is to eat more protein- based meals before exercising and then having a more carbs/protein meal based after. It does do the job and if u burn a good amount of calories, eating about 1200 spread in small but nutritious dense meals throughout the day itmay do the trick quicker. I did it and worked. However you may have to cycle a bit so u don't get into a plateau like I did.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Been sitting around 1200 for about 2 weeks. I've contemplated eating more calories to see if it changes anything??

How long have you been stalled for?

I would suggest you eat at least some of your exercise calories back.
  • quiqui21
    Options
    Been doing a 1 hour bootcamp at the gym...and also walking for an hour or 2..but I could totally be overestimating the exercise component..I wouldn't have any idea if I was burning more or less than what MFP was telling me...

It's been an on again off again time period..I'd say since January of this year.
  • quiqui21
    Options
    What u could do is to eat more protein- based meals before exercising and then having a more carbs/protein meal based after. It does do the job and if u burn a good amount of calories, eating about 1200 spread in small but nutritious dense meals throughout the day itmay do the trick quicker. I did it and worked. However you may have to cycle a bit so u don't get into a plateau like I did.

Before I go to the gym, I have a protein shake..and afterwards I just eat dinner..is that what you are talking about?
  • Jade1944
    Jade1944 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The food you eat seems to be healthy for the most part, but I also agree that you may be overestimating your exercise calories. The calories that you burn everyday are the calories I burn when I do my once a week long runs (8-12 miles during my 1/2 marathon training). Best of luck, sometimes we plateau at a certain weight and need to jumpstart it by switching up exercise, food intake, etc.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Been doing a 1 hour bootcamp at the gym...and also walking for an hour or 2..but I could totally be overestimating the exercise component..I wouldn't have any idea if I was burning more or less than what MFP was telling me...

It's been an on again off again time period..I'd say since January of this year.

It does not matter if you are over-estimating as you are not eating them back - so it is not relevent.

I would suggest you actually eat at least 50% - 75% back (so you have the remainoing % as a buffer for any over-estimates). Also, I noted cooking prep in your exercises (just looked at one day though). If this is regular - I would suggest you include it in your base (i.e. upping your activity level in the settings) and then not logging as 'exercise".
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I think you need to eat a bit more, hanging around the 1200 mark is not for everyone. mostly for shorter ladies.
    You are about the same weight as me and with a similar target. my bmr is about 1500.
    you should eat above your bmr, (under your tdee)
  • quiqui21
    Options

It does not matter if you are over-estimating as you are not eating them back - so it is not relevent.

I would suggest you actually eat at least 50% - 75% back (so you have the remainoing % as a buffer for any over-estimates). Also, I noted cooking prep in your exercises (just looked at one day though). If this is regular - I would suggest you include it in your base (i.e. upping your activity level in the settings) and then not logging as 'exercise".

Well, I'm a pastry chef..so it does makes things more difficult. ;) But I'll up the activity level because I do it every day. Thanks heaps.
  • MKPRN
    MKPRN Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Drink more water. I try to shoot for a gallon if I can get it in. It always helps when I stall out.

Another thing that helps me is to add an apple every day. I don't know why it works it just does for me.
  • quiqui21
    Options
    I've definitely decided on eating more calories, and upping the water intake...I'll see how that goes...thank you everyone so much for your very helpful advice. :happy: