Hurt my Foot!

Options
tony1307
tony1307 Posts: 127 Member
So I did something to my foot last Thursday.
Hurts to stand on it, or walk. Hurts to bend it up and down. X-rays show no break, so the Doc said it could be a hairline fracture, or a pulled/stressed muscle or tendon. I was on week 6 of C25K. I can not walk, or jog, or ride my bike. And a lot of my normal exercises require some standing.. I am going crazy. I do have a pull up bar that I have been trying to use, but it cant replace all the walking I used to do.
Anyone have any calorie burning options?

Replies

• mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I hurt my foot as well, but I an still walk on it.

What about swimming, can you do that?
  • lyxus
    lyxus Posts: 85
    Options
    Keep the diet clean ! It should not be that bad. Do upper body and maybe swim, you will be all good
  • dan_jones
    dan_jones Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wish you well. Take it easy on the foot. I really messed my foot up on a treadmill over a year ago. I finally
    went to the foot doctor after many months and got several injections to help with the swelling. This really
    is bad, because I was walking 4-5 miles almost every day. After the injection treatments (Dec) I was able
    to walk again but I have always been careful not to press too hard. I may only do 3 to 4 miles now, and
    I skip days. All I can say is try to do your best, but if you experience pain, stop what your doing immediately.
    Thats the mistake I made.

I also take phentermine. I find it works pretty well. My cardiologist has me take it for weeks at a time then
    give it a break. Oh I forgot to mention, I have the foot pain again, brought on my too much walking. Its not
    as bad as before the injections but I have to be careful not to let it get real bad again. It really is bad to
    have this problem. Maybe try a bicycle, stationary or otherwise. I have given it some thought as an alternative
    but I haven't given it the old college try yet.

Best wishes

Dan
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I use this at my gym
    http://www.pulsefitness.com/ube.htm
    fluid_ube_hero.jpg
    or these can be bought or rented for the home
    hudson-bi-directional-upper-body-ergometer-ube-bd.jpg
  • tony1307
    Options
    thank you all for the suggestions.
    I am not a memebr of a gym, so I will just try to do upper body stuff at home.

And I will try to take it easy on the foot. I know C25K will be waiting for me as long as I need...lol
  • jgarrity2
    jgarrity2 Posts: 5
    Options
    I happen to know something about aching feet! I have diabetic neuropathy, and sometimes, especially when the weather is changing, or when a storm is brewing or something, I actually sit down and cry. My husband knows there is nothing he can do, nor, for that matter is there anything I can do about it-but I take Tylenol-because of heart issues I am limited in pain relievers allowed. Anyway, I walk, but sometimes I have to walk slowly-I have special orthotics in my shoes, but as they wear down, the pain increases. So, I know how it is to hurt when you walk. I walk anyway, but sometimes take a few shorter walks rather than one long one per day.
    Swimming would be a good alternative, and it would help build muscle because of the water resistance. Biking is good. I don't think it matters so much what you do, but keep moving and keep watching that diet! Good luck. Keep us posted as to your progress.
  • tony1307
    Options
    thanks. I took the stupid boot thing off today. I wore it since Friday... lol..
    I went for a little walk tonight at work. I have been trying to keep the meals in check, knowing that I wont be burning it off.
    We will see how the exercise bike goes tomorrow morning,,,