Pure Lemon Juice in Water?

Options
Hi All,

With the cold weather it is yukky to drink cold water.

But I LOVE a mug of hot water with a few tablespoons of pure lemon juice (bottled, not fresh).

Can I count this under my water intake?

I would love to hear thoughts on this.

Replies

• peles_fire
    peles_fire Posts: 501
    Options
    I don't see why not. I count my water, which I drink cold with a wedge of fresh lemon squeezed into it. I drink that when I have retained water from high sodium and it helps flush it out. Plus it just tastes yummy... :)
  • Dipmom
    Dipmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I count herbal teas and anything without caffeine towards my water. My dentist has mentioned that citric acid can damage tooth enamel though...so be careful.
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I put a teeny bit of lemon in my water bottle to change the flavour sometimes. It's also more refreshing in the Summer.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I count herbal teas and anything without caffeine towards my water. My dentist has mentioned that citric acid can damage tooth enamel though...so be careful.

The citric acid is so diluted in the water that there should be no worries.
  • DanetteNel
    DanetteNel Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. Great to know!

23998327.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    You can count any and all liquids you consume (tea, coffee, juices, water etc) so go ahead & put a little lemon juice in your water if you enjoy it more that way. (People often overlook the fact that most vegetables are mostly water - trust your thirst and the colour of your urine. Use good judgement when exercising in hot weather)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2012/06/08/water-eight-glasses-myth.html
  • DanetteNel
    DanetteNel Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks Brian - interesting link - been hearing a lot about this lately!