Game of Thrones

Options

Replies

• catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I've never seen the show but read all the books. I'm not one of the "cool kids".
    I felt bad for Theon though....but he had it coming.
  • SilkyHotspur
    SilkyHotspur Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN ALL OF S2 YET

I have not read the books but love the series.

During the final episode, am I the only one confused by what happened at Winterfell? One minute they were surrounded by an Army and they had knocked out Theon Greyjoy to take him home, the next thing the castle has been burnt to the ground and there is nobody to be seen. What happened to Greyjoy, did they get passed the northern army and if so how? Who burned the castle? Is this explained in the books, because the episode just seemed to skip over the entire thing!

It's hard to say, since they've changed things from the books.

From what I assumd (havent read the books)
    was that theon made his speech and got knocked out by his own men to take him home.
    The northern army were just about to attack winterfell (because of that "bloody horn blower", and so theon and his twenty men left, and the northen army burnt winterfell to the ground?

Doesnt make sense as to why rob would burn his home down? He was too busy off getting married to realise his army burtn down him home?

Beats me but thats how i saw it

same question i had....what the heck happened. Once second he couldn't leave as he was surrounded. The next they were about waltz home?....
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Wow-- friends have been nagging me to watch this for a while-- Hooked big time!! Just started season 2
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN ALL OF S2 YET

I have not read the books but love the series.

During the final episode, am I the only one confused by what happened at Winterfell? One minute they were surrounded by an Army and they had knocked out Theon Greyjoy to take him home, the next thing the castle has been burnt to the ground and there is nobody to be seen. What happened to Greyjoy, did they get passed the northern army and if so how? Who burned the castle? Is this explained in the books, because the episode just seemed to skip over the entire thing!

It's hard to say, since they've changed things from the books.

From what I assumd (havent read the books)
    was that theon made his speech and got knocked out by his own men to take him home.
    The northern army were just about to attack winterfell (because of that "bloody horn blower", and so theon and his twenty men left, and the northen army burnt winterfell to the ground?

Doesnt make sense as to why rob would burn his home down? He was too busy off getting married to realise his army burtn down him home?

Beats me but thats how i saw it

same question i had....what the heck happened. Once second he couldn't leave as he was surrounded. The next they were about waltz home?....

The Boltons are traitors.
  • glengiles
    glengiles Posts: 147
    Options
    read a couple more chapters of book one last night and most of what I've read is covered n the first episode or two of the first season. The most remarkable differences to the characters from the book to the series is their age. In the book John Snow is 14, on the series I thought he was about 20. Same with Daenerys and Robb. The book also has Catelyn Stark young enough to bear another child. Not so in the series. I'd say the series, in general, ages each character by close to 6-10 years.
  • blankcanvas
    blankcanvas Posts: 177
    Options
    I thought there were only 10 eps in S2??
    Lol, you are right. Excuse me, am blonde. :laugh: *facepalm*
    And now, I *AM* gutted, what will I watch!!!???

Now it's time to watch True Blood! Wahoo! Love Vampire Bill:)
  • hpsaucette
    hpsaucette Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    G.O.T is awesome, I have a direwolf/winter is coming hoodie! Series one was really close to the book, but series two kept making me angry with all their little changes. I can understand that they had to change it in some ways to translate it to the medium sized screen but some of things they've done seem completely arbitrary. The whole character of Ros for example.
  • Whisperinghorse
    Whisperinghorse Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I reckon they had to age the characters as HBO may get into hot water showing a 14 year old Danerys getting it on with Khal Drogo...!!!
  • usera1365
    usera1365 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Love the show.... Eps 9 Of the season that just ended KICKED *kitten*.... The way the season ended left me wanting season 3 right now.... Man Unreal (HD and my subs had the How rocking) Can't wait till next year.

PS.. Spartacus starts in January 2013 (last season)
  • ForeverIrish
    ForeverIrish Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm really hoping stay close to the books, not like True Blood. I'm waiting for Ceresi to have her head shaved and be driven through town naked by religious fanatics.
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    There is a Game of Thrones group for anyone interested.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/2903-game-of-thrones
  • Bobbi_N
    Bobbi_N Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the books, but it was my assumption from the final episode that when Theon's men knocked him out and were going to head home that THEY burned the castle. Its my understanding from history that this was common practice when leaving a held property to prevent others (enemies) from using the property's resources or as shelter. Just my theory.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I've not read the books so, obviously, I have no idea what will happen. However, my only hope is that those dragons burn Joffrey Baratheon to a crisp. I want to punch that kid in the throat every time he speaks.
  • SilkyHotspur
    SilkyHotspur Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I've not read the books so, obviously, I have no idea what will happen. However, my only hope is that those dragons burn Joffrey Baratheon to a crisp. I want to punch that kid in the throat every time he speaks.

"i'll give him a smile....a red smile"....stop me now, cos' i swear i'm sticking that kids head a spike...
  • FrauHausMaus
    FrauHausMaus Posts: 194
    Options
    Love the show.... Eps 9 Of the season that just ended KICKED *kitten*.... The way the season ended left me wanting season 3 right now.... Man Unreal (HD and my subs had the How rocking) Can't wait till next year.

Ooh... Thanks for the reminder about Spartacus :love:

I'm a huge fan of the books and the show. I think they did an excellent job with the casting. I actually like that Margery Tyrell has more of a role. She's so conniving... love it!

The hubby and I have already decided that if we ever have a little girl, we're totally naming her Arya :wink:
  • RachelWest86
    Options
    Love this season, and im not really sure what the deal is with the zombie looking dudes at the end. Im creeped out. It looked like The Walking Dead mad a visit to the wall..lol

I've only seen to episode 8.

The 'zombie guys' are pretty much an endgame deal, if you've read the books. I haven't had a chance to pick up the most recent book to see if it goes into any detail about them...all the books I've read just hinted. But I've got a feeling once winter comes...all the other wars are going to pretty much be dropped while humanity fights just to survive.

I'm sure the dragons will play a big part in that.

Book 5 was almost as frustrating as book 4. I don't know if you remember much of A Feast for Crows (4), but it only tells the story of half the characters because it was getting too long to be one book and that was how Martin chose to split it instead of chronologically. So A Dance With Dragons (5) tells the story of the remaining half of the characters, but along the same timeline as Crows. You'll want to re-read Crows before starting Dragons so you'll remember where the other people are in their stories.

And I think you're right: once winter comes, all the wars in the South will completely cease to matter. =)
  • RachelWest86
    Options
    Shes my fave and Arya and Jon :D

Arya and Jon are my favorites throughout the entire series. (Remember, the books are all the way to "season" 5.) You'll be surprised at how some of the characters end up redeeming themselves mightily and how some characters end up being your least favorite when you used to like them a lot. I'll say no more. =)
  • usera1365
    usera1365 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

Ooh... Thanks for the reminder about Spartacus :love:

I'm a huge fan of the books and the show. I think they did an excellent job with the casting. I actually like that Margery Tyrell has more of a role. She's so conniving... love it!

The hubby and I have already decided that if we ever have a little girl, we're totally naming her Arya :wink:

Such a Pretty Name... You can't go wrong with that one.

I have to take a break sometimes from both shows. I find myself talking like them....LOL

I so should have been born back then HAHAHAHAH. so that The God's could rain great ect...... (You know the rest :laugh: )
  • Southernbelle90
    Options
    Read the books :P
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Shes my fave and Arya and Jon :D

Arya and Jon are my favorites throughout the entire series. (Remember, the books are all the way to "season" 5.) You'll be surprised at how some of the characters end up redeeming themselves mightily and how some characters end up being your least favorite when you used to like them a lot. I'll say no more. =)

At this point the only redeeming thing Joffery can do is die... I despise that character mightily...