WALKING IN WALMART

Options
I bought a fitbit April 29th. I started walking in Walmart to get the steps in because I keep 2 Grandbabies and it was the right temperature for any day of the year. In May I logged over 419,000. steps, walking there helped me to reach those steps. I also do it in Target and Sams...Anyone else want to go to Wally World? :)

Replies

• Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I see plenty of "mall walkers" in my town. I enjoy just watching them pass by.
  • Katie1951
    Katie1951 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Walked Costco yesterday, got my steps, makes a more interesting exercise session.
  • AlabasterJar68
    Options
    I am in Wal~Mart twice a week and walk all throughout the store.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I bought a fitbit April 29th. I started walking in Walmart to get the steps in because I keep 2 Grandbabies and it was the right temperature for any day of the year. In May I logged over 419,000. steps, walking there helped me to reach those steps. I also do it in Target and Sams...Anyone else want to go to Wally World? :)

That's great that you're getting in your steps that way! Personally I am not a fan of Wally World, so more power to you.
  • stephaneb74
    stephaneb74 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    And if you get a cart, fill it with non perishable goods on the way in, the push it through your walk...... bonus calories expended :-)
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I'd have to leave my money at home or I'd have a serious case of "Oh, I could use that", "I need one of those", "I don't need this, but I'm going to get it anyway because it's cheap"!

Enjoy your walks!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    There are always mall walkers at the mall near me :smile: I just go to the mall to shop, no extra walking there for me! The shopping tires me out! :wink:

I do like walking outside though!
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    And if you get a cart, fill it with non perishable goods on the way in, the push it through your walk...... bonus calories expended :-)

Thats what I have heard..usually I have 2 babies who weigh 22 lbs. each...plus groceries... it helps my backache also if I am pushing heavier objects.
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    I'd have to leave my money at home or I'd have a serious case of "Oh, I could use that", "I need one of those", "I don't need this, but I'm going to get it anyway because it's cheap"!

Enjoy your walks!

I always take a list, but when I don't have grandbabies, hubby and I walk very fast.
  • Hotanuri
    Hotanuri Posts: 53
    Options
    I try to do a lap or two before I start shopping. But it can be hard when my preschooler is with me because she wants to stop and look at everything lol.
    I tried the mall, but where we live it's always busy and people just walk SOOOOOOO SLOOOOOOOW
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Since I live and work in a big city, I get anywhere from 12,000-15,000 steps in a day just walking around downtown doing every day things. I can't say I've ever walked around Walmart. I think I have only been to one a couple times in my life. Good for you for getting so many steps in! :drinker:
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I've gotten my walking done in Home Depot while waiting for my husband many times!