54 and determined

Options
I'm always starting and stopping exercise programs! What a waist of money!!! My Dear husband upon my promise has turned and old empty attic into a beautiful work out area with lots of stations, plus a seperate area for my quiet space. Couldn't ask for anything else to be added. Already have Wii and getting a infared sauna delivered in a week. My husband is good to me and for me, he will even workout with me---so for our 4th Anniversary I wanna follow through on finally losing the pounds that I said I would loose by , 05/07/2010.:love:

Replies

• pr1ncess1
    Options
    Well good luck to you and your husband. It's good to have someone that supports you in losing weight. Best of luck. You will love this site. It will help you in many ways!!!!:happy:
  • carissalynn82
    Options
    Good for you! You're 54? My mom is 53 and has lost 24 pounds in about 3 months using MFP! She said she thought it would be much more difficult than it has been because of her age, but she has actually lost weight faster than me!!!
    I'm soooo jealous that you're getting an infrared sauna! I used to work at a gym that had one and WOW what a difference it makes! I always used it for about 30 minutes right after my work out. It helped with weight loss, pain, and did wonderful things for my skin. LOVE it!
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    mrssunshine where do you live? and do you need extra friends to help you??? I know you said you have your wonderful husband but what about girl talk??? I myself am 51, I have lost over 50 but would still like to lose another 30...good luck :drinker:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good for you!!! It sounds like you and your husband have set yourselves up for success!!! With that kind of love and support you both can certainly reach your goals! Welcome, this is another great place to get help and support! We're glad you're here!
  • mmnichol
    mmnichol Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    That sounds great, with winter coming how nice it would be to work out at home!

I belong to a nice gym but not looking forward to going in the winter, live in PA. Hate the cold, wind, snow, UGH!

Nice you have such a good husband.!
  • MrsSunshine
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congratulations on your engagement, I will keep in touch with you since your goal date for your wedding is sooooooo close to my goal date for my Anniversary!!!!
  • MrsSunshine
    Options
    St Louis,Missouri
  • jedcad
    jedcad Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Sounds like my story, all kinds of fitness equipment and exercise dvd's and still find it hard to keep it up. I am back on a roll now and will keep it up this time.

Joyce
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :happy: Hello Mrs Sunshine. I am glad you started. How did your first week go? I am 58 and recently started as well.
    All the best to you and keep smiling!