what am I doing wrong?

Options
I look at everyone's tickers and am so inspired...I have been here since July and and UP! I am being good about cals (except on wkends when I eat out 1 day).

Is one day off plan each week hindering my progress? I'm working out more than ever before but body fat not going down and muscle is up a bit but nothing too crazy.

I go over on carbs most days, even though I stick to my calories-should I try to lower them?

HELP! From all of you that have lost so much weight and met your goals--HELP PLEASE!

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I look at everyone's tickers and am so inspired...I have been here since July and and UP! I am being good about cals (except on wkends when I eat out 1 day).

Is one day off plan each week hindering my progress? I'm working out more than ever before but body fat not going down and muscle is up a bit but nothing too crazy.

I go over on carbs most days, even though I stick to my calories-should I try to lower them?

HELP! From all of you that have lost so much weight and met your goals--HELP PLEASE!

You don't have much to lose, so I think that's why you're having such a hard time of it. I WOULD try to keep the carbs, cals. and fats down, but it's ok to go over alittle on the protein. MFP tends to go too low with their protein allowence. :smile:
  • DEBDOUGLAS
    Options
    I would really watch the carbs and fat also. Also try changing up your diet and don't eat the same thing. I wish you all the luck.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    How many calories a day are you eating? How many calories are you burning working out? Are you eating your exercise calories?
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say how badly going off one day a week is affecting your weight loss without knowing how badly you cheat on your one day off. Is it a meal or a whole day? Is it 100 calories or 2,000?
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Whether or not eating out is sabotaging you depends on what you are eating when you go out. If you are dieting all week to create a deficit in calories so that you can lose weight but then eat all of those calories when you go out on the weekend.....that could be your problem. Example .....if you go to the Olive Garden and have a big plate chicken alfredo and eight breadsticks it could be part of the problem.

Also, eating your exercise calories does make a huge difference. I find I do better at losing weight when I eat the extra calories. If I cut back I will lose more the first week but then after that my body goes into starvation mode.
  • honey2101
    Options
    Hiya, i would recommend filling up on nuts, fruit and water and eat like 2 small meals a day; chicken and veg are good... i have had to stay away from wheat (pizza etc! in order to lose weight). also get a few workouts in- remember to warm up! good luck babe x
  • AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if you log you caloric intake on your day off? If not may be give it a try,then you will know exactly how much damage you have done to your weeks efforts.:noway:
  • CinthyNair
    Options
    A couple of things to consider. have smaller meals but frequent meals in a day. try to plan out 5-6 meals a day (this will include your snacks).

Also, vary your exercise regime. after 2 weeks of the same exercise (time, strength, etc), the body tends to adapt to it. so you gotta throw it off balance again.

Drink lots and lots of water, eat at least 5 types of fruits/vege a day (great source of water, and of course low cal!), so you can snack on them all day long, and never go into starvation mode.

Good luck :)
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I really appreciate all of your advice. I'm a vegetarian but I'm more like a carbitarian so I think this week's goals will be to get 5 fruit/veg in a day (I prob get 1-2 now).

I do mostly cardio exercise and I know I have to start weight training so I'll try to add that this week too.

I'm going to focus on these 2 things this week and see how it goes.

Thanks again, you're the best! :tongue:
  • CinthyNair
    Options
    hey 20carrots,
    since you are a vegan, you could try having the 5 fruit/vege intake in a green juice.

I try to have one every day, if not, every other day. Just juice a granny smith apple, celery, handful of spinach (this is a superfood!), some ginger, some lemon juice, and a carrot for some sweetness :)
    To give it an extra kick, try to get a green powder to go along with it. I am using organic wheatgrass powder (it's great for blood purification, liver detox and colon cleansing).

Enjoy :drinker: