White or Sweet??

Options
mmsilvia
mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
Which type of baked potato do you prefer?? I have both in the house & am torn as to which on to make with dinner tonight??

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I love the taste of both, but eat white much less because I believe sweet are better for me.
  • Rolande55
    Rolande55 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Most definitely sweet. Better for you. In fact if you had to choose a "white" potato..go with red ; )
  • Brizoeller
    Brizoeller Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Sweet Potatoes are a super food. And also one of the healthies vegetables around. Def choose sweet. White potatoes don't offer near the nutritional value!
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    swwet -i dont put as much on them lol

Although you could slice up the white ones and drizzle with some olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and pepper and bake... yum!

Come to think of it, sweet taters are awesome like that, too...
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I'm a carboholic, so I like white (hubby bakes them coated in olive oil and sea salt. YUMM-O)! But...sweet are better for you, so I'd go with the sweet. I'm not a sweet lover, so I never eat them.
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Sweet tater gets butter
    White tater gets butter, salt, pepper and sour cream
    Got to go with the sweet, no no wait white, no maybe the sweet.....
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I'm a carboholic, so I like white (hubby bakes them coated in olive oil and sea salt. YUMM-O)! But...sweet are better for you, so I'd go with the sweet. I'm not a sweet lover, so I never eat them.

That's how I bake mine too! So tasty. Nothing wrong with a good old-fashioned baked potato now and then. Sweet potatoes have some good stuff for you, but white potatoes are fine in moderation. Just watch your toppings!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Which type of baked potato do you prefer?? I have both in the house & am torn as to which on to make with dinner tonight??

I prefer white.

Sweet potatoes are not unanimously better as this depends on the individuals needs and what else they are eating throughout the day.

Are you consuming a lot of fiber and Vitamin A, but low in iron and potassium? Then eat white potatoes because in this circumstance, they're probably a better choice.

Trying to claim that food A is arbitrarily better than food B usually results in blanket statements that aren't applicable.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I eat both of them. Depends on what you are having for dinner.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato with butter and brown sugar
    White potato with butter salt and pepper...hey do both!!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Sweet, just the kick I am on right now.
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I prefer red baked potatoes :-) yum yum!!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Sweet, hands down!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I don't care who says sweet potatoes are better for you - I just don't like them very much.

Yukon Gold or the old fallback Russet are my favorite.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I don't care who says sweet potatoes are better for you - I just don't like them very much.

Yukon Gold or the old fallback Russet are my favorite.

Same here, Cory. I can't eat 'em. I like Yukon gold or just fingerling for roasting.
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I love both, but recently have developed quite a fondness for sweet.
  • jcefreed
    jcefreed Posts: 1
    Options
    My friend's son is a personal trainer and he says (as far as food is concerned :) "if it's white, it's not right". So i avoid white potatoes, white rice and white flour.

I LOVE sweet potatoes grilled with a little cinnamon on them!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato with a little butter and brown sugar.. mmmmm
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I love both, am having the sweet potato tonight, with fresh green beans and roast chicken.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I like the Gold kind