30DS skipping a few days?

Options
I'm on level 1 of the 30 day shred right now, but it's really easy (I hardly break a sweat). I've done 6 out of 10 days, and I was thinking about skipping onto level 2. Not only so I can get a better workout, but also so I can be done with the program before the 4th of July when I'm going to be out of town and celebrating my friend's' 21st birthday. I don't think I want to take my workout on the road and attempt to do it with a hangover ;)

Is skipping onto the next level an okay idea or should I just stick it out and finish all of level 1?

Replies

• surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    as long as you do it for a full thirty days I don't see how upping to the next level to make sure you're actually getting a challenge will hurt you at all.
  • MandyZacherl79
    MandyZacherl79 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think if you are finding it to be to easy then go on to Level 2..
  • Mrshotwing
    Mrshotwing Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I think you could go to level 2, but should still do the 30 days so just add the 4 days to level 2 or 3. thats why they say 30 day shred. :)
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options
    Keep on doing it til 10 days is done.. But DO NOT do it 10 days straight. take a break. seriously. I didn't now i am paying for it..
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    That is how it is designed. Once you feel you've conquered one level you move on to the next one. That is what will keep you interested and getting all that you can out of the workout for the full 30 days.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    When I did 30DS, I moved up whenever I felt ready. I didn't do it daily either though - I averaged 4 days a week I think, and probably took longer than 30 days to 'finish' the program. If a level seems too easy you could always use heavier weights, too! :tongue:
  • Sam3622
    Sam3622 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I thought of doing that but i just kept going until i got to level 2 and then a few days i did 2 workouts in one day. Level 2 is so much harder than level 1 though, make the most of it ! :P
  • Chrissy_Michelle
    Chrissy_Michelle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Def move to level 2.. I found that to be the case for me too. Do you exercise a lot? I do cardio kickboxing 3 days a week for an hour each so level one is not hard enough for me.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Def move to level 2.. I found that to be the case for me too. Do you exercise a lot? I do cardio kickboxing 3 days a week for an hour each so level one is not hard enough for me.

I do. I usually do 30DS after running/biking for 30-45 minutes, which is probably why it's so easy (at level 1 at least!).