Strange but good NSV

Options
m16shane
m16shane Posts: 393 Member
So I've seen so many people, mainly girls always excited to fit into clothes. Since I'm a guy that never really has been into fashion, I didn't really understand that feeling. Plus truthfully I do not have any clothes from when I was "small" seeing I've been a big guy most of my life.

Well a couple weeks ago I was out and I bought a (L) large shirt . I normally wear a XXL shirts or sometimes a XL. I even have some XXXL shirts from back a couple years ago. I though I would buy a "L" shirt to give something to work towards. I put it away in the closet and didn't bother trying it on until today. I FIT INTO IT! Actually I fit great into it. It wasn't tight or anything.

Anyways I can finally understand what all the excitement is about fitting into clothes! lol

Replies

• RiseAndConverge
    RiseAndConverge Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Good for you!
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! That's great!
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    That's worth a loud & proud "F_uck Yeah"........nice work, brother. Keep on keepin' on..........
  • hosegirl
    hosegirl Posts: 157
    Options
    It is a great feeling. I am pretty bummed out because I gave away one of my favorite dresses saying" I'll never fit in to that again!' Guess what I would fit into that again. I haven't found another one like it! Congratulations.
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Yaaaayyyy! Well done you :smile:
    I bought a couple of tops today that were a size smaller than I usually am as well - tis an AMAZING feeling:happy:

Keep up the good work:smile:
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    It is a great feeling. I am pretty bummed out because I gave away one of my favorite dresses saying" I'll never fit in to that again!' Guess what I would fit into that again. I haven't found another one like it! Congratulations.

If you have a picture of the dress, and can find other similar types -- go to a tailor and have a new one made.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Haha, great victory for you!! Congrats on fitting into a shirt you "grew into!!"
  • bemott
    bemott Posts: 180
    Options
    Sweet! Pretty soon you'll be shopping up a storm. ;-) Nothing to be ashamed of, my brother just lost about 30 lbs and was thrilled to buy some new clothes.
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    BEST FEELING EVER!!!! So great to see the hard work paying off
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Great feeling!!!
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    You are such a GIRL lol jk Good for you!
  • mzdavis2706
    Options
    Awesome! keep up the great work!
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    lol I think every girl on MFP understands where you are coming from so CONGRADULATIONS!
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!! That is just awesome!!! It does feel great doesn't it? Keep up the good work!!!!
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    That's great! Not strange at all... it's a wonderful thing to be able to see the changes you're making.

Great Job!
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    good for you!! that had to be a great feeling!
  • MNguerita
    MNguerita Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    gotta love it!!! All these posts lately about people fitting into smaller clothes, and so I thought what the heck...and tried on an old pair of my jeans and had the same wonderful experience....Feels great! Keep up the good work!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    What a great NSV. Im glad you were able to see the light :happy: Congrats!!
  • blynn2708
    blynn2708 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats!
  • m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    gotta love it!!! All these posts lately about people fitting into smaller clothes, and so I thought what the heck...and tried on an old pair of my jeans and had the same wonderful experience....Feels great! Keep up the good work!

That's awesome! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!