Caveman????

Options
I want to know if anyone has tried this diet. I dont think I would dive in 100% but I do want to eliminate pasta, sugar, bread ect from my diet. Anyone want to share?

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Have a look in the Groups section for "paleo", I think you will find some likeminded people there.
  • wodforbacon
    Options
    I do...what exactly do you want to know? I didn't do it to lose weight (I have lost weight, but I was injured for awhile and now that I'm not I work out like a mad man)

You will lose weight...but more importantly you will feel better and have more energy. The paleo way of eating (I don't like to call it a diet) just makes sense.

Feel free to ask me specifics.
  • batgreen
    batgreen Posts: 66
    Options
    I do...what exactly do you want to know? I didn't do it to lose weight (I have lost weight, but I was injured for awhile and now that I'm not I work out like a mad man)

You will lose weight...but more importantly you will feel better and have more energy. The paleo way of eating (I don't like to call it a diet) just makes sense.

Can you give me a days menu?
  • superstankazz
    Options
    I don't do "caveman" specifically but I do follow a high fat / keto diet more like Atkins. The 1st couple of days are the worst because your body is getting rid of all those toxic carbs and sugars. Once your body is free of sugar and you start using ketones for fuel you'll notice a HUGE difference in the way you feel. Also, you rarely feel hungry. You can friend me if you like, my diary is open to my friends if you need ideas. I try to keep my daily intake around 75% fat/ 20% protein/ 5% carbs. My calorie goal is 1500 and I don't go over 20 net carbs.
  • wodforbacon
    Options

I have only been on here a few days, but if you look at my diary (it is public) it should give you a fairly good idea. The only thing not paleo which I use only once in a great while is the whey protein and the milk, which normally even then I use coconut milk, but I have been out of it the last few days so I've been stealing the kids' milk lol.

It's kind of balanced when it comes to ratios...slightly less for carbs, but if you notice my carbs come from fruits and vegetables not from .pastas, grains, etc.

Some basic guidelines for Paleo:

No grains or grain products (wheat, corn, tortillas oats etc.) A gluten free diet!
    No Dairy (use almond milk or coconut milk)
    No Soy or soy products
    Lean, preferably grass fed meats (and game meat like venison, rabbit...you get the picture) including organ meat
    No beans, legumes etc. (including peanuts or peanut products, they are not nuts, but legumes)
    Moderate Fruit and Nut intake (although I tend to eat too much fruit IMO)
    LOTS of vegetables, especially green vegetables
    No trans Fats (vegetable oils and other similar crap) instead I use coconut oil, macadamia nut oil and olive oil

Basically nothing from a box or canned with lots of preservatives, added sugar or lots of sodium

Pretty similar to something like the eat-clean diet (although I admittedly know very little about the eat clean diet)
  • ChesKrieg
    ChesKrieg Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I did Paleo for a while, and now do a mix of paleo / Keto and it is working fantastically.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

I have only been on here a few days, but if you look at my diary (it is public) it should give you a fairly good idea. The only thing not paleo which I use only once in a great while is the whey protein and the milk, which normally even then I use coconut milk, but I have been out of it the last few days so I've been stealing the kids' milk lol.

It's kind of balanced when it comes to ratios...slightly less for carbs, but if you notice my carbs come from fruits and vegetables not from .pastas, grains, etc.

Some basic guidelines for Paleo:

No grains or grain products (wheat, corn, tortillas oats etc.) A gluten free diet!
    No Dairy (use almond milk or coconut milk)
    No Soy or soy products
    Lean, preferably grass fed meats (and game meat like venison, rabbit...you get the picture) including organ meat
    No beans, legumes etc. (including peanuts or peanut products, they are not nuts, but legumes)
    Moderate Fruit and Nut intake (although I tend to eat too much fruit IMO)
    LOTS of vegetables, especially green vegetables
    No trans Fats (vegetable oils and other similar crap) instead I use coconut oil, macadamia nut oil and olive oil

Basically nothing from a box or canned with lots of preservatives, added sugar or lots of sodium

Pretty similar to something like the eat-clean diet (although I admittedly know very little about the eat clean diet)

"Preferably grass fed meats"

"No trans fats"

Lol
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I lived in a cave when I was little, which would have made me a caveman.

We ate a lot of government issued beans and occasional javelina or other meat the men in the community killed and I used to pull the hopping legs off of grasshoppers and eat those...

Not a very pleasant "diet" and I don't recommend it.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Use the search feature for paleo or primal or join the paleo/primal group. This is just going to start another pointless debate.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I've been told I do some things caveman style. Eating isn't one of them.
  • Symphony2
    Symphony2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It's a brilliant regime and totally cleans the system - you will be bounding with energy within a week! I LOVE it. I don't stick to it all the time - it doesn't fit brilliantly around family - but I do a couple of weeks of it every now and again. It's just so clean, it's wonderful. There are some fabulous Paleo books about there, too - and many top athletes eat paleo without any extra supplements or rubbish like that. It has absolutely everything the body 'should' be absorbing to function properly.

I hope you try it - and love it! Good luck X
  • batgreen
    batgreen Posts: 66
    Options
    Thank you.....I am going shopping tonight and NO BREAD for me :)
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    Lots of veggies and meat, some fruit. It's not too bad, though the past couple of days have been off for me and I need to get it back together. I did continue with a soy based supplement, per my naturopath, so I was never perfect anyway :)
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I've been told I do some things caveman style. Eating isn't one of them.

Well played sir.