These rolls have to go!!!! (Where is your "fat"?)

Options
Curvimami
Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
I have been working out like crazy and have lost 8lbs since starting MFP in May of this year, and I know Im still over 200lbs but with all the inches lost and feeling stronger these rolls on my back are making me feel hideous and are very discouraging. At what weight do they disappear!!??? Is is just me. Maybe I was just hoping once I started working out the extra jigglies would just disappear... So when do rolls go away? Under 200, 190, 180? I look much better in my clothes already but the back fat is really messing up my mojo and the whole aesthetic of my outfits from the rear view.lol....Am I alone in this? Where is your "fat" ?

Replies

• mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Oooh, how long's a piece of string? :) What I will say is that once I started kettlebells classes, the fat seemed to melt away a bit quicker - or rather, it was more flatteringly distributed over my growing muscles?

Where do I carry it now? Damn you, blasted belly pooch!
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I have massive thighs and hips. My friend tore up a size 12 jeans the other day (she was making a handbag out fo them) and the waistband went around my waist. I know for a fact that i couldn't fit one leg in a size 12.
  • alhoffman10
    alhoffman10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Right around the top of my hips and lower belly! Ugh! Muffin top!
  • Curvimami
    Options
    Right around the top of my hips and lower belly! Ugh! Muffin top!

Ahh yes, the muffin top!!! My other nemesis :mad:
  • boricua3177
    boricua3177 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I got back fat, guts, & thighs....ugh!
  • juicy011
    juicy011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    my mama pooch is always there, but it did firm up when I started weight training. Everything actually firmed with weight training. I'm not stick thin btw, I love having curve....., just don't want them jiggling in places they shouldn't be :wink:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I had back rolls when I was 218. They didn't fully go away until about 190 or so, but now my back is smooth and roll-less.

Just stick with it! You'll get there!
  • Curvimami
    Options
    I have massive thighs and hips. My friend tore up a size 12 jeans the other day (she was making a handbag out fo them) and the waistband went around my waist. I know for a fact that i couldn't fit one leg in a size 12.

tiny waist and big hips. Sound like you have an amazing shape there :drinker:
  • Curvimami
    Options
    I had back rolls when I was 218. They didn't fully go away until about 190 or so, but now my back is smooth and roll-less.

Just stick with it! You'll get there!

Awww thanks!! thats very encouraging :-) :flowerforyou:
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    It might really depend on how you carry your weight. When I started MFP, I weighed 120 lbs (I'm only 5'1"), and I had ugly back fat. I'm at 115 now, and the worst of it is gone, but my back is still not where I need it to be. I carry my fat in my torso, the worst being arms and stomach.
  • Curvimami
    Options
    It might really depend on how you carry your weight. When I started MFP, I weighed 120 lbs (I'm only 5'1"), and I had ugly back fat. I'm at 115 now, and the worst of it is gone, but my back is still not where I need it to be. I carry my fat in my torso, the worst being arms and stomach.
    Oh that is interesting. well I carry all over but i would have to say my torso is also my trouble area, but then again so are my thighs. The back fat is just making me self conscious about my shape. Its throwing an extra lump in the back slope. :grumble:
  • Curvimami
    Options
    I got back fat, guts, & thighs....ugh!

me too!!
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    My problem is my bellllyyyyyyyy. I cant seem to make it flat, no matter what i do it still looks preggars :(
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    My fat is definitely on my back. My lower back is awful.