a fitness newbie

Options
hi all my goal is 145 I'm 5'7 1/2in and I'm confused as to how this calorie thing works. according to fitnesspal my daily goal is 1240, so does this mean i am not to exceed this amount or is this the amount of calorie intake i should meet daily to accomplish my goal? i realize this question is elementary but as I stated I'm a newbie:) Also, I do 30 minutes of cardio daily and 3 reps on the ab coaster to target my abs does anyone have experience with the ab coaster? Finally, a friend of mine told me that I can eat anything I want as long as I burn the calories. Is this true? Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!

Replies

• emmyd88
    emmyd88 Posts: 10
    Options
    HI, the daily goal is what you want to take in try not to exceed it be be to far under it. fitnesspal said that number because of how much weight you want to loose. As for what your friend said i do believe here is some truth to that because if you eat it and then burn that many calories its kinda like you didn't eat it except all the other stuff that the food has like fat and sugar. Hope this helps and add me if you have any other questions, would love to have another newbie to discuss with
  • ctiedeman
    ctiedeman Posts: 21
    Options
    Hey!
    I just started too. From what I have learned the number that they give you is your daily goal to get to and not go over. I have worked with the ab coaster at my gym and it is one of my favorite workouts. As for the eating whatever as long as you burn it off, you could do that but check out the Gold's Gym app (it's free), and in the app there is a Calorie Equater, you enter in the food and it shows you all the different workouts that can help burn what you just ate and how long you have to do it. So far it has really helped be choosing what to eat and what not to eat.
  • KimBerLaE
    KimBerLaE Posts: 17
    Options
    My understanding is that it would be the caloric intake to meet the goal that you entered. I'm new here too though.
  • tsmith1201
    tsmith1201 Posts: 31
    Options
    Thank you so much ctie, i will definitely check it out!:smile:
  • tsmith1201
    tsmith1201 Posts: 31
    Options
    Thank you berely we will figure this out together:wink: