Lunch Ideas

Options
I am at work for lunch and I never really know what to bring. I have just been buying frozen meals like smart ones and lean cuisine and just found a new one that's cheaper michelina's. I don't really know what to do, I don't have a lot of money to be spending on food and don't want to eat sandwiches everyday. Anyone got any suggestions?

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I just had leftovers from dinner last night......home-made chicken tenders and roasted potatoes, along with some strawberries.

Why not just bring leftovers? Make a little extra at dinner and then pack it the next day. You're using the microwave to heat up those frozen dinners. Surely you can use it to heat up some real, good food! :tongue:
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    2 boiled eggs and a salad for me today. That is pretty common, sometimes I add chicken to my salad and skip the eggs, or do a sandwich once or twice per week. Soup is very filling too.
    Leftovers are better than those frozen dinners I think. Or if you keep doing smart ones sometimes take a tupper ware container as well, nuke some veggies then dump the cooked smart ones on top of it to make it better.
  • trtmom
    trtmom Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I always bring a large salad and greek yogurt. I find the I eat the healthiest at work because I always pack a healthy meal!
  • emmyd88
    emmyd88 Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas. I sometimes bring leftovers when there are left overs. I should start making more salads, can always add things to make those different. Thanks again
  • polly_lops
    polly_lops Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I take soup, yoghurt and fruit and I also have a graze box sent to work to snack on (I have one a day) I am massively craving carbs today though!
  • Miss_Suzylee
    Options
    Sometimes I'll make a pot of chili on sunday and just take it for the week. Turkey and white bean chili is pretty healthy if you stick to a portion size. Take some packets of salmon...next to the tuna in the grocery store.....mix in some dijon, red pepper flakes and onion, then form into cakes and fry on stove with some pam....yummy! Our just make some chicken breasts and steamed veggies and take that throughout the week