Hi everyone

Options
I'm Sara Beth and really trying to lose a few pounds. I'd love your support! I have a hard time with doing really well with eating and then all of a sudden want to binge eat..any tips?

Replies

• polly_lops
    polly_lops Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome :-)

I think lots of people are in the same boat in the sense that you can eat so well for a certain amount of time and then it gets too much and then the junk cravings come. I'm having a bad day food-wise - chocolate boo! As for tips, drink water, do exercise instead and earn the calories so if you do eat loads, it kind of balances out, choose a healthier alternative...but most importantly, forgive yourself when you do slip up and move on - new day and all that, don't let one slip up ruin the whole week.

I've added you, we can be each other's sheep dogs if you like!
  • emmyd88
    emmyd88 Posts: 10
    Options
    Its true the best thing is to forgive your self if you slip up we all do it, there is always going to be cravings don't be afraid of them, just make sure not to go over board and exercise to help out. Most importantly dont just stop eating your favorite foods or you will binge.
  • dcazll
    dcazll Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi there I'll add you too, I'm also looking for some more motivational friends.

Can't really help with the binging as that is my weak point as well in the evenings, but I find (if I can get the motivation) that a doing some exercise suppresses the appetite and it helps to have a favourite evening snack to look forward too. For me it's wholemeal toast with peanut butter and sliced banana, have to satisfy my sweet tooth somehow!
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    For binge eating you have a couple options.

- Dark Chocolate 60% cocoa is a natural appetite suppressant and kills the sweet tooth at the same time.
    - Battle it by having 5 small meals during the day.
    - Controlled Binge. This is what I do its called a large breakfast or big lunch. Earlier the better to burn it off and planning the other 2 meals to balance out the calories for the day.
  • EstherRyu
    EstherRyu Posts: 16
    Options
    i am exactly the same way...and im still trying to learn how to control the binge eating.
    I'm new with the whole friends thing too....

anyone - please add for support & motivation
  • saraebjones
    Options
    Thanks that was really helpful. I'll keep a stash of some Dark Chocolate for my hungry self to find
  • jon40084
    jon40084 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi - feel free to add me - I try to be supportive to all my friends