Yo :u

Options
According to my doctor I'm like way too overweight so I need to start exercising and whatnot. Plus I kind of want to lose weight so I don't look ridiculous in shorts and can start cosplaying female characters instead of males with their long pants :B
I have no idea what I'm doing though :s
So hi and stuff. You might see me around asking for dieting tips, since that's probably my biggest problem.

Replies

• jamonthelam
    Options
    Welcome!!

What kinda stuff do you cosplay? c:
  • BlueStar1989
    BlueStar1989 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    walking is a great way to start exercising or swimming is great too.
  • jamonthelam
    Options
    Or, if you feel up to it, C25K is great! I just finished week 3 day 3 yesterday and I'm really excited to keep going. It's a running/walking program that starts off super easy but builds up to being able to run for 5k straight with no walking after 9 weeks. The first week alternates 60 seconds jogging and 90 seconds walking. If that's too hard, there's also a 3 week pre-C25K that I think starts with only 15 seconds of running.
  • ViraMari
    ViraMari Posts: 2
    Options
    @Blue
    I don't care much for being in water so I'll just stick with walking (´ー`)
    I have to stay indoors though since it's summer and I get heat exhaustion really easily..

@jamon
    At the moment I cosplay Drocell/Drossel from Black Butler and I'm building up cosplays of Vriska and Equius from Homestuck~

The C25K sounds good as long as I can manage on a treadmill :u
  • jamonthelam
    Options
    eeee homestuck :D!!

i haven't cosplayed in a while (last time i did was 2010) but when i did it was a bunch of stuff from ace attorney and pokemon. if i was gonna cosplay right now (pref. at my goal weight) it'd probably be snowman! she's so pretty.

and yes, you can use a treadmill! treadmill running is a little different than outdoor running, you might want to look it up... it's a lot easier, so a lot of treadmill runners can do 5k fine then go on the roads to do an actual 5k run and find they have difficulty. but it's a lot easier on your joints/feet or so i've heard

personally i like running outdoors.