Loosing weight EVERYWHERE ELSE!

Options
Has anyone else had it that you've lost weight everywhere apart from where it needs to loose?
All of my weight is located in my stomach, and while my belly is staying near enough the same, I have lost ALOT around the top of my thighs and about my chest.

How can I fix this?

Replies

• LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    this makes my eye twitch
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Keep at it. It'll balance out eventually. It took a lot time for my middle to budge, and when it did, I lost like 4 inches in one month along with very little anywhere else.

Keep plugging away!!
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else had it that you've lost weight everywhere apart from where it needs to loose?
    All of my weight is located in my stomach, and while my belly is staying near enough the same, I have lost ALOT around the top of my thighs and about my chest.

How can I fix this?
    What kind of exercises are you doing? They say it's impossible to spot reduce, and I've heard the tummy is the last to go on most people! I've noticed though that jogging has helped to tone everywhere pretty much the same. Maybe you can give that a try?
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

How can I fix this?

Yes. No way to fix it, really. The body loses weight where it wants to lose weight.
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    ab work crunches, sit ups ect
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Aside from building core/ab muscles... keep working at it! I am experiencing this also, but I've noticed as the weight gets closer to where it needs to be my waist is slimming down also... slow, but it is. I've started really dedicating Ab workouts 3x a week (P90x Ab Ripper). In less than 2 weeks I am already seeing a difference. Just gotta keep going!
    Good luck!
  • LMGraham1965
    LMGraham1965 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm dealing with the same problem.. Mine is my rear... I've lost tummy, thighs and legs.. but no butt... Cant figure it out...
  • CeeJourney
    CeeJourney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat!! But the area I need to lose my weight is my thighs and i'm losing weight/inches everywhere BUT THERE!!!

I had a similar post a while back and basically everyone was telling me that it's gonna take time because that's proobably where all our fat/weight goes and it's gonna react slower to the eating right/exercising unlike our other body parts that's obviously experiencing the change.

ALL I CAN SAY IS KEEP DOING WHAT YOU'RE DOING... IT ALL TAKE TIME :wink:
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options

How can I fix this?

Sounds weird. Keep on keepin' on...............
  • mrsejennings
    mrsejennings Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    **This is what I DID, it worked for me, it may work for you, it may not, but its worth a try.**
    Really low carbs, dont give them up completely, because thats not good for any one.
    High Protein...Chicken breast is your friend.
    Cut out all of our Soda. Regular or Diet. No artificial sweetener.
    I noticed the biggest results when I had been off of those things for a full week.
    Its worth a try.
    But, yes, the body will do what it wants.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    time is the answer. As someone else said, you can't spot reduce. Your body will eat the fat in the order it wants and all you can do is be patient. sucks, but it is what it is. keep up the great work though...sounds like you are on the right track!
  • DBB07
    DBB07 Posts: 40
    Options

How can I fix this?

________________________________________________________________________________

The lower part of the stomach is one of the last places from which body fat will disappear. It's not uncommon for many people to look terrific from the navel up to the neck, but when they pull down their pants a few inches, they still have a really unsightly pouch. It goes away completely at the very end. You'll see. Just keep at it. You can't target fat loss. Your body decides where it will lose fat on its own.
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    On females it seems belly fat and lower body fat are the last to go:( For me, clean eating, HIIT, weights, and consistency remain the only remedy..Still a work in progress.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else lost weight everywhere except where you wish you'd lose?
    The majority of my *fat* is located in my stomach, and while my belly is staying near enough the same, I have lost A LOT around the top of my thighs and my chest.

Fixed

Edited for grammar because the OP did ask how to fix it.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Try to give up all wheat products, i.e. bread, cake, cookies, wheat cereals,etc. for at least two weeks and see if it makes a difference in not only how you feel but also in the size and shape of your tummy.

I use to look like I was 9 months pregnant (I am 64) and always felt bloated and crampy. I gave up the wheat and within two weeks I could feel and see the difference. Now my stomach is flat...my thighs however are a much different story...thunder thighs! I did get checked for celiac disease and gluten intolerence, both came back negative, but it is evident to me that my body does not do well with wheat so I leave it alone and the weight keeps coming off.

Give it a try...you have nothing to lose but your tummy! Good luck to you and have a great week!
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Whoa...I just looked at a few days of your food diary! You are not giving your body the nutrition it needs. You can get away with this for awhile because you are so young but it will come back and kick you hard in the butt in the long term. As they say, you are what you eat; it is easy to see why you are having trouble losing your stomach. I am surprised you have been able to lose at all.

I really don't want to be mean but if you could learn how to nourish your body now at your age...you won't become an old lady like me still fighting the diet wars at 64! Take a look at the food diaries of some people here that are around your age, and who you admire, to see what they typically eat. It will give you some good ideas for yourself.

Good luck and good health...:flowerforyou:
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Stop doing slimfast and start eating sensible and eat more calories. Your body needs fuel to burn fuel (like turning on our grill). If you don't have enough fuel, your body will find ways to preserve calories (aka, maintain body fat) since it's the quickest source of energy. What you should do, is use a tool like http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/ to estimate your caloric needs. If you don't eat enough fuel, your body won't cut the fat.
  • ginaquinn2
    ginaquinn2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I really don't believe in spot reducing. I think we have no control over where we loose. Genetics genetics genetics :)
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Have you tried detoxing or hot yoga?