HELP.

Options
Hi everyone. My name is Chantal and I am trying to lose 60 pounds. I have tried before and it didn't work. But I am really willing to try now. I just have a hard time with food. If I know I can't have it, I'll want it that much more.

If anyone could help me out. What kinda things should I be eating ?! How much walking should I do ???

Please. I am so tired of being over weight. I just need some help.

Replies

• Spelcheck
    Spelcheck Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Chantal!
    I've done this before, by walking with music I like and really watching what I eat. After a while the walking becomes a habit - it takes a little while to get "hooked," but once you do, it feels so good it becomes a sacred part of your life. And when you lose enough weight walking, your joints and body push you to do a little more. At top form, I was jogging because it felt so good, I felt strong, I could do push ups - it feels like you can take on anything that comes your way!

The important thing is to push yourself a little, but not so much that you burn out. Be careful not to overeat because walking makes you hungry. Everything I've read recently points to overall calorie restriction - the all meat, the no meat, the no carb, the whatever diets work about the same - it's overall calorie restriction, which this site makes easy. (And, ahem, other sites charge for about the same info.) The exercise is just a good way of life and good for your body and soul. If you eat poorly, exercise doesn't fix it. If you eat right, exercise takes you to a new level of success.

Just remember NEVER to put yourself down. Treat yourself like your own best friend and keep your chin up!
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Chantal and I am trying to lose 60 pounds. I have tried before and it didn't work. But I am really willing to try now. I just have a hard time with food. If I know I can't have it, I'll want it that much more.

If anyone could help me out. What kinda things should I be eating ?! How much walking should I do ???

Please. I am so tired of being over weight. I just need some help.

I would try to walk as much as you possibly can each day building your time or distance up each week and setting a goal of how much and how long you want to walk a week.
    Food wise I would try to follow your calorie limit and only eat about 1/2 of your exercise calories back. Eating healthier is always tough to do because of the sacrifices but you can do it!!
  • Chantal50
    Chantal50 Posts: 16
    Options
    Thank you ! :smile:
  • MsRiah
    MsRiah Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am in the same boat. I have tried so many times to diet and exercise, and I'd be all pumped up for a week or two and then I'm right back to snacking and being a fast food junkie. My advice is just to stick with it. Everyday is a new day, and a new opportunity to give it another shot. I would also reccommend to make gradual changes. Maybe first cut out something you just eat too much of, & then go from there until you've reconstructed the way you eat. For me, first I cut out soda, I didn't drink it often, but when I did I drank like 3 or 4. Then from there, I started doing the Latin Mix Dance Party Dvd's like 2 or 3 times a week, then I cut out pork, and now all meat with the exception of seafood. Now for me, once I make a little progress, I'm ready to take it to the next step. All this happened for me in a little over a month . I know thats alot, but I started small and thats how I got to where I am. Just stick in there. Thats why I'm on MFP to help myself stay motivated by helping others :)
  • Chantal50
    Chantal50 Posts: 16
    Options
    Okay , sounds good thank you and good for you !!:happy: