Multi Grain Bread..

Options
AimersBee
AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
Is multi grain bread all that bad for you? Like if I were to eat 1-2 slices of it a day would it be a large deficit to if I didn't do that? I love my 12 grain bread.. mmm..

Replies

• runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I eat multi-grain bread every day. Dave's Killer is the best, I think, but there are others out there.
  • cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Some people react differently to carbs so I'd say if you can fit it into your macros and you don't feel ill/tired/ whatever after eating it, it wouldn't be a big deal to keep eating it. I don't react well to bread so I avoid it at all costs but that just me. If you were concerned about how much you were eating, you could always reduce the amount. 1 slice instead of two, 1/2 a slice instead of 1.

You could also try a sprouted grain bread. I don't know the nutritional info for the kind of bread you eat but I know quite often sprouted grain tends to have more fiber and protein, less sodium than regular breads. It might satisfy the craving but give you more bang for your buck.
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Some people react differently to carbs so I'd say if you can fit it into your macros and you don't feel ill/tired/ whatever after eating it, it wouldn't be a big deal to keep eating it. I don't react well to bread so I avoid it at all costs but that just me. If you were concerned about how much you were eating, you could always reduce the amount. 1 slice instead of two, 1/2 a slice instead of 1.

You could also try a sprouted grain bread. I don't know the nutritional info for the kind of bread you eat but I know quite often sprouted grain tends to have more fiber and protein, less sodium than regular breads. It might satisfy the craving but give you more bang for your buck.

Hmmm, I'll have to try it, thanks!
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    inbeforebreadispoisonresponse.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with multi grain bread but look for 100% whole grain to get the best health benefits. Even if it's not that and it's something you enjoy, you don't have to give up bread. Bread and carbs aren't going to kill you. Everything in moderation.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    They have whole grain wheat bread that is really good for you But it all depends on how you handle your carbs.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    You may want to try Oroweat - Sandwich Thins-Honey Wheat or Multi-grain. They are thin sliced round with 100 calories, 1 fat, and 22 carbs.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits into your calories and macros have at it!! I love multigrain bread!
  • cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    Options

Hmmm, I'll have to try it, thanks!

I think Ezekiel is a pretty popular brand. Silver Hills is also excellent if you can find it. Both are usually in a fridge/freezer (they will stay good longer since they don't have preservatives in them).
  • chrisrollins1
    Options
    The key is to ensure that your multi-grain bread is actually made with whole grain. If you see the words "enriched" or "bleached" on the ingredients list, you need to find a new brand. Also check for sugar content and high-fructose corn syrup inclusion.

"Whole" grains are your friends. Refined grains are not. The word multi-grain does not necessarily mean "whole" multi-grain.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits into your calories and macros have at it!! I love multigrain bread!

THIS! Except I usually go for plain old Wonder bread or that yummy Martin's potato bread. Mmmmm......