Before/after of bodyweight exercisers?

Options
I'm getting close to my goal weight and I'm wanting to start a strength training program. I don't have the resources for weight lifting currently. Was wondering if anyone could share their success pictures or stories of gaining strength/leanness through a bodyweight strength program?

Also, since I'm here I'll go ahead and share my before/during pics.

May, 2011 at my heaviest.. 181 lbs (I'm 5'3.5"):

seacow.jpg

Right after beginning my journey.. at 175 lbs
5863856588_e9580fbfec.jpg

April, 2012. I've lost another 5 lbs since this was taken, but I was at 150 in this pic:

IMG-20120408-00246.jpg

Replies

• AnisaMG
    AnisaMG Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You Look AMAZING!! Great Job!
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    Nice WTG!!!!
  • KMissyD
    KMissyD Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Great Job
  • brutalrage
    brutalrage Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Awesome job so far keep it up.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great good job
  • sundaywishes
    sundaywishes Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    This a a old thread but I'd like to bump it up to see if some more people will post their pictures
  • bluecrush1203
    bluecrush1203 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I started a bodyweight training bootcamp class a couple years ago and lost about 20lbs. The best thing to do is intervals that incorporate cardio and strength training. For example, you can do a circuit where you do pushups, jumping jacks, squats and a plank. Do each move for 45 seconds and rest for 15 seconds in between (so pushups 45 seconds, 15 second rest, jacks 45 seconds, 15 second rest...). Repeat the whole thing 2-3 times. Once you get the hang of it you can increase the interval time or total number of rounds. You can look online for tons of variation on squats, planks and cardio moves so you can change it up each workout. The nice thing with strength training is that you burn calories after your actual workout which increases your metabolism. You look like you've already accomplished a lot, good luck in the future!
  • natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hello

This thread may be of interest, it's amazing. I looked through it for hours! :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/812464-show-me-ur-heavy-lifting-results-please
  • timeforsomethingsweet
    Options
    I would like to see thiese results too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!