Awesome.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Cheers to that!!!
  • mindfulone
    mindfulone Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    So very true I like like that because we do waste time on so many other things then on our physical selves.... and what we put into our mouths cause we would rather go through the drive thru and wait in those lines then spend that time actually preparing a meal...
  • mmarin81
    mmarin81 Posts: 241
    Options
    Well put. I like how you put all that together.
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Thank you.

This is usually the kind of stuff I post on my blog, but decided this time to post on the community forums.

I am glad this post was of interest to people.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Katanthus

Best wishes,

Time management and multitasking maniac
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    People are full of excuses...I used to be the same way. I didn't have time to go to the gym. I didn't have time to make all my meals. I didn't have time to do anything after work, baby, housecleaning, bill paying, etc....well, I make the time now. I work full time, take care of my baby and I am a single parent 95% of the time while my husband is off on business. I still manage. I can't stand to hear it from other people now that I have made this transition. There is only one thing standing between you and your dreams and that is the bullsh*t you tell yourself about why you can't do it. Where there is a will, there is a way.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Well imagine if I gave you $86,400, with the proviso, you MUST spend it ALL tomorrow, not ONE penny should be left by the day after. What would you do?
    I love that movie!

Brewsters-Millions1.jpeg

:wink: Thanks for sharing this. Certainly thought-provoking.
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Very true!! I love this!
  • smily_001
    smily_001 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Love this. I may have to steal it and post on FB..
  • jmcdaniel0
    jmcdaniel0 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't need to plan what to spend that on. I would be paying off my student loans faster than you could give me that money. Now if only seconds would pay my student loans :(

Sadly, I can agree here. Between my wife and myself.... Good lord. Sure was easier taking those loans out than it was paying them off....
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    $86,400

Does any of this sound familiar?
    I don't have time to exercise
    I don't have time to walk the dog
    I don't have time for me
    I don't have time to cook real food
    I go to McDonald's because I don't have time for anything else

Well imagine if I gave you $86,400, with the proviso, you MUST spend it ALL tomorrow, not ONE penny should be left by the day after. What would you do?

Besides scream "YIPPEE! I am rich"

You would probably sit down with a piece of paper, and plan out every last penny, then first thing tomorrow, you would get up, and start spending it.. right? You would possibly spend hours working out what you were going to spend it on, starting FIRST thing in the morning.

Well.. you have EXACTLY 86,400 seconds in a day. You will NEVER get those back, yet spend them without thinking about them. Instead of making excuses for not having time to do things.. PLAN. Get your family to plan their activity. Get a family calendar, and write on it... "MY WORKOUT TIME". Your health is worth the effort..so, stop making excuses!

Oooh, ouch. Nice analogy. :smile:
  • sherronh
    sherronh Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Truly am i LOVE with this post!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I am so bad at making excuses for time to workout and for not drinking enough water. Thanks for this post!
  • Katanthus
    Options
    So, what you are saying is, the cheque is in the mail? I have it spent already! :-)

IF only I had that money to spare. :)
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt think about what i was spending the money on i would just do it.

and anytime ive said i dont have the time i still wouldnt have the time if i wasted more time to plan every second of the next day.:laugh:
  • Katanthus
    Options
    i wouldnt think about what i was spending the money on i would just do it.

and anytime ive said i dont have the time i still wouldnt have the time if i wasted more time to plan every second of the next day.:laugh:

I personally think that time spent planning is never wasted. There are times you have to just do it.... 7Ps

Proper Prior Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance
  • Pakitalian
    Pakitalian Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    BUMP BUMP BUMP!!
  • Katanthus
    Options
    BUMP BUMP BUMP!!

Hope you don't do that on the road.