exercise at work

Options
I forgot my tennis shoes at home today! I walked about 15 minutes in the back hall barefoot, but it was killing my feet. I guess I will have to find something else to do to burn a few calories. Anyone have any suggestion of something I can do at work? Any suggestions would be GREAT!!

Replies

• kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Basically twitching your legs while sitting will burn calories (not much). I have a bad habit of doing it throughout the day and it burns some calories. Also take a stress ball to work and squeeze that from time to time. Other than that it all depends on where you work.
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Squats? I get restless on conference calls sometimes and do squats or other stretches at my desk.
  • SarahSwimmer
    SarahSwimmer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Squats and Lunges! Also Jumping jacks. Pushups of any variety. All great body weight strength exercises with a little cardio to get your hear rate up. I guarantee you'll feel better after them. I have a pretty high tolerance for public embarrassment though- I don't mind if people see me sweat! So you may want to choose accordingly ;)
  • 197Kiki
    197Kiki Posts: 129
    Options
    Sounds funny but I sit in a chair all day at work so I do butt clenches! and then leg lifts in my chair.. Helps somewhat!
  • Kimberleebennett
    Kimberleebennett Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I sit at a desk all day at work, In heels so not much opportunity to exercise. I set little goals so I remember. Everytime I go to the bathroom I do Squats and every time I go to walk to the fax I'll walk the long way around the room to get there every time an email pops up I'll do a few leg lifts under my desk. Just to keep moving. Stops me falling asleep at my desk from boredom too :)
  • candctaber
    candctaber Posts: 274
    Options
    Thank you! I work in an office & most of the time I am here by myself, so I could do these exercises and not get embarresed!